schedule is officially out

Michigan dropped us a year or 2 ago. The Buckeyes must have become tired of losing to the Zips also. Michigan State is the only BiG team not afraid to play the Zips apparently.

1 hour ago, zippyfan34 said:

And Michigan State as the only regular season Big10 team.  What happened to the Buckeyes, Wolverines and others that we would normally dominate?

John Bluem did not want to lose to the zips this year.

Looking at this year's schedule, I'm trying to get tips on where we might go in the future for pay-backs, I see Washington and St Mary's both coming to the CKF (Cub Cadet Field!).  UW has one of the big early season tournaments in Seattle, which usually also has U of Portland in the field.  I've been waiting for us to play at Merlo Field at UP, where we last played about 2001 I think.  This may be our first game ever vs St Mary's.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one of my wishes, just found out.  I was putting the men's soccer schedule into my calendar, and also the women's, and I find that we once again will have a men/women doubleheader, first time in like 5 years.  Sunday September 24th - Men vs. UMass Lowell at noon and women vs. Western Michigan at 3.  Maybe a few fans will stick around and give some support to the distaff side.  I f we only had a Marketing Dept. who could put together something for this other than "first 100 students get a free something they'll throw away tomorrow."  Maybe something for the faithful Men fans to stick around for....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZipsVoice said:

I got one of my wishes, just found out.  I was putting the men's soccer schedule into my calendar, and also the women's, and I find that we once again will have a men/women doubleheader, first time in like 5 years.  Sunday September 24th - Men vs. UMass Lowell at noon and women vs. Western Michigan at 3.  Maybe a few fans will stick around and give some support to the distaff side.  I f we only had a Marketing Dept. who could put together something for this other than "first 100 students get a free something they'll throw away tomorrow."  Maybe something for the faithful Men fans to stick around for....

I will stay for women's match.  They need to show me (us) something this year!  Mediocrity don't fly at Akron!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

I will stay for women's match.  They need to show me (us) something this year!  Mediocrity don't fly at Akron!

Well, at least they'll  be two of us there...that's a start  :D

Wonderful!  Get an early glimpse of the MAC's new sixth team, at home, on a Friday night under the lights....heart of the season too.  Three home matches in 8 days with Cleve State and Notre Dame book-ending this one.  Should make for some good football for the home Rowdies and fans.

51 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

So...just read that this is a REAL MAC league match, they join league immediately, not 2018.  Great News!  :thumb:

zips voice....thanks for the heads up....I had missed the mac news release yesterday

http://www.siuecougars.com/sports/m-soccer/2016-17/releases/20170608ofjavy

• 4 weeks later...