Game 3—Iowa State Cyclones

Cykron

12 minutes ago, Cykron said:

Two Ohio State head coaches have come from Iowa State:  Sam Willaman and Earl Bruce.  

It seems that there was an intentional effort in the early 20th Century for Iowa State to become more like Ohio State in terms of its athletic program.  Didn't quite work out.  

Probably doesn't help that Ohio has about 4x as many people as Iowa.

50 minutes ago, feetg10 said:

Maybe this was covered before and I missed it. But, what is going on with Austin Wolf? 

He was on the sideline in street clothes at the Pine Bluff game. Was not on crutches or in a boot. I thought he had a leg injury, but not sure. My guess is he is questionable, but could play.     

7 hours ago, Cykron said:

And speaking of Ohio, did you know:

• Many of the early settlers in Iowa were from Ohio.
  • Our stadium is named after Jack Trice from Hiram, Ohio.  He played high school for East Tech in Cleveland and came to Iowa State with his coach, Sam Willaman.
  • My wife is from Akron (Bath Township, Revere High School).

I guess this means that Ohio is a good place to be from!  Take that however you want to.  

A native Iowan that made good in Ohio:

"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Feller"

You guys could go to an Indians game vs. the Royals Fri. eve. or Sun. afternoon while they are en fuego and maybe witness a little baseball history being made.

Edited by ZippyRulz

2 hours ago, Cykron said:

• Our stadium is named after Jack Trice from Hiram, Ohio.  He played high school for East Tech in Cleveland and came to Iowa State with his coach, Sam Willaman.

I guess this means that Ohio is a good place to be from!  Take that however you want to.  

I guess that depends on how well you think your marriage is going.  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cykron said:

Mrs. johnnyzip84 also graduated from Revere :wave:  Let's just say she had a rather infamous class mate.

Speaking to your ISU/OSU discussion, I know quite a few Zip fans who admire the Cyclones for NOT becoming Buckeye clones :)

39 minutes ago, johnnyzip84 said:

Mrs. johnnyzip84 also graduated from Revere :wave:  Let's just say she had a rather infamous class mate.

Speaking to your ISU/OSU discussion, I know quite a few Zip fans who admire the Cyclones for NOT becoming Buckeye clones :)

Hmmm, I bet the class mate once said " I carried it too far, that's for sure"  ¿

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, johnnyzip84 said:

My wife was standing next to him in the National Honor Society photo that he snuck into and stood with his back to the camera!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnyzip84 said:

My brother-in-law had a dog named Buckeye.  Of course.  I taught him to come to "Buckwheat."  My brother-in-law hated that!  :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cykron said:

My wife was standing next to him in the National Honor Society photo that he snuck into and stood with his back to the camera!  

I joke around with my wife and say that it was because she wouldn't date him that he went crazy and started eating people.  

Then, she says something like, she didn't want it to happen to me, so she married me.    

15 minutes ago, Cykron said:

Oh boy - we definitely need to talk.  It's almost certain that they (our finer halves) ran in the same circles.  Hopefully we can meet up in Lot 9 or the surrounding area before the game.

Edited by johnnyzip84
mistake

56 minutes ago, Cykron said:

I joke around with my wife and say that it was because she wouldn't date him that he went crazy and started eating people.  

Then, she says something like, she didn't want it to happen to me, so she married me.    

I could be off on my Dahmer, but I'm pretty sure your wife wasn't exactly his type.  :lol:

14 hours ago, johnnyzip84 said:

Oh boy - we definitely need to talk.  It's almost certain that they (our finer halves) ran in the same circles.  Hopefully we can meet up in Lot 9 or the surrounding area before the game.

My wife's name is Judy V. and her brother Wade taught PE at Revere for many years.  Sorry, but I won't be hanging around Lot 9 because we have 150+ coming to our tailgate in Lot 4, so I will need to help with that.  Please feel free to stop by Lot 4 though.  And note that my wife has a health issue, so unfortunately, she won't be there, but Wade probably will be.  

8 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Thanks for getting us back to football.  This will be the second week in a row that we have had to face a really good running back.  Last week, it was really fun to watch Eastern Iowa University's Akrum Wadley and our David Montgomery run the ball.  I'm hoping Warren Ball is a disappointment and doesn't meet my expectations!