Game 3—Iowa State Cyclones

Cykron

2 hours ago, skip-zip said:

They are a garbage program.  They should have never beat us.  

A couple of people on ZipsNation said so.  

:lol:

Notice how they're also suddenly silent.  Or melting because they can't handle that both the Bowden headed Zips won, and the team we lost to earlier in the season turns out better than they thought.

Edited by Balsy

39 minutes ago, Balsy said:

Notice how they're also suddenly silent.  Or melting because they can't handle that both the Bowden headed Zips won, and the team we lost to earlier in the season turns out better than they thought.

I will eat crow.  Iowa State is much better than I gave them credit for.  I am glad the Zips won.  I hate to lose.  Winning is much better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

You need to calm yourself down. You going to beat Bowden off this weekend? He lost to a team that is good and he beat a team that is really bad. Can you control your chubby???

Edited by Zipgrad01
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Balsy said:

Admittedly, I think they are even FAR better than any of us could have imagined.  I just scoffed at those who ridiculously wanted to parade around Zips Nation after our loss, talking about how bad ISU was, just because they have a desire to watch Terry get fired.  

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

You need to calm yourself down. You going to beat Bowden off this weekend? He lost to a team that is good and he beat a team that is really bad. Can you control your chubby???

Lets at least be fair and characterize our 4 victories while bashing Bowden (Yes, we're 4-1 in conference play with the coach you are profanely criticizing).

We beat a couple of poor teams.

We beat a team today that played really well when they had their current starting QB early in the season.

And we beat another team on the road that's been a really good team most of this year, and might still win the MAC West.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K92 said:

I will eat crow.  Iowa State is much better than I gave them credit for.  I am glad the Zips won.  I hate to lose.  Winning is much better.

Respectable response.  I think we can all agree, we'll be willing to eat crow if it means the Zips winning.

7 hours ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Can you ever like be slightly honest and just admit when you were wrong about something?  Jesus Christ dude.  I know you're trolling 99.9% of the time, but it gets old really quick.  Unless you're not trolling and this is really how you walk around viewing life...

On 10/28/2017 at 6:06 PM, LZIp said:

You all better be ready to pony up @Cykron . I'd imagine Campbell is going to be in high demand.

Farmers are already putting their fields up for sale!  Just in case.  

On 10/28/2017 at 9:19 PM, Buckzip said:

Campbell will be gone after this season. Florida and Tenn will both be looking, among others. 

There is talk about Campbell going somewhere as a stepping stone, but I don't think it will happen.  I think he (and the other 13 staff with Ohio on their resumes somewhere) will hold out for Ohio State.  And the best line to Ohio State is to stay at Iowa State until Columbus is ready for him.  And I don't think he wants to risk his career on all the junk that would come with a job at Florida or Tennessee where he can never be good enough.   In Ames, he can control his destiny.  And we are about ready to fall down before him in worship.  

P.S.  And he gets to spank you guys again next year in Ames.   

21 minutes ago, Cykron said:

There is talk about Campbell going somewhere as a stepping stone, but I don't think it will happen.  I think he (and the other 13 staff with Ohio on their resumes somewhere) will hold out for Ohio State.  And the best line to Ohio State is to stay at Iowa State until Columbus is ready for him.  And I don't think he wants to risk his career on all the junk that would come with a job at Florida or Tennessee where he can never be good enough.   In Ames, he can control his destiny.  And we are about ready to fall down before him in worship.  

P.S.  And he gets to spank you guys again next year in Ames.   

My big toe has a better chance at being head coach in Columbus than Matt Campbell.

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2017 at 5:15 PM, K92 said:

My big toe has a better chance at being head coach in Columbus than Matt Campbell.

Good to know.  Hope Campbell gives your big toe a good stomping in Ames next year.  ;)

Edited by Cykron

21 hours ago, Buckzip said:

Campbell needs another stepping stone.

Meyer is only 53 but I think he’s an old 53. He will not be like paterno or even Saban. 

Campbell has a great future though. ISU should enjoy it while he’s there. 

So, what if Campbell spends 15 years in Ames and competes for the Big 12 Championship in most years and wins at least 5 conference championships (for a school that has never won even one).  Would he still need a stepping stone of another institution?   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cykron said:

So, what if Campbell spends 15 years in Ames and competes for the Big 12 Championship in most years and wins at least 5 conference championships (for a school that has never won even one).  Would he still need a stepping stone of another institution?   

When you need to add that many “ifs”’to your argument, you obviously know what I’m saying. 

4 hours ago, Buckzip said:

When you need to add that many “ifs”’to your argument, you obviously know what I’m saying. 

Of course, no coach at measly schools like Toledo or Iowa State "belongs" in Columbus as head coach.  Except maybe for the two from Iowa State who already did.  But you will dismiss that as ancient history.

No one thinks Campbell will go to Columbus on the basis of a few seasons.  However, if he is successful over a long period of time at Iowa State against some really good opponents (coughOklahomacough), it is not crazy to think there will be some interest.  And that isn't just a bunch of "if's," that is a likely path for the next head coach in Columbus.  

2 hours ago, Cykron said:

Of course, no coach at measly schools like Toledo or Iowa State "belongs" in Columbus as head coach.  Except maybe for the two from Iowa State who already did.  But you will dismiss that as ancient history.

No one thinks Campbell will go to Columbus on the basis of a few seasons.  However, if he is successful over a long period of time at Iowa State against some really good opponents (coughOklahomacough), it is not crazy to think there will be some interest.  And that isn't just a bunch of "if's," that is a likely path for the next head coach in Columbus.  

Definitely not Toledo.  You have to coach at rival BG instead :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

Definitely not Toledo.  You have to coach at rival BG instead :)

Of course a former successful MAC coach would never be good enough for the mighty "no prayer of making the playoff" Suckeyes. 

Oh wait a second.  :lol:

On a related note, this might happen sooner rather than later.  I feel another Fake Heart Attack coming soon.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cykron said:

Good grief. This has nothing to do with OSU being above him or whatever you are trying to imply. I love the common opponent that some people play though. It makes me laugh.  You are just as bad as a couple others here. The guy is a great coach and will be a big time coach somewhere soon. Meyer isn't leaving soon and if you think Campbell is going to sit at ISU and wait, you are being extremely naive. I hope he continues on this path and does become the coach in Columbus some day. I just don't see it happening. He will get a bog time job before that and he probably won't leave one big time job for another.