2018 Offers

36 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Not holding my breath on Alvarez.  He's going to end up at Wichita State.

I think the odds are above 50%, but I don't think it's a done deal by any means. I've read a few articles that talk about the strong connection he has to WSU, and to me if he was sold on being a Shocker, he would have committed already. 

Enter Groce...

Wichita State added another guard. There is some speculation that Neftali might be getting pushed out of their picture. UTEP recently had a house visit and offered him, but Akron is still in the running as far as we know. Our JUCO additions are interesting because those guys don't really hinder Neftali since he would be a true freshman, with really only those guys possibly ahead of him. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Good quotes from Groce but a very poor article overall. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it fails to mention that Gueye is from the University of South Carolina, Parrish left, and LePear Toles will also be an addition, along with the transfers that sat out last year. 

With that being said, I am VERY excited for next season. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it fails to mention that Gueye is from the University of South Carolina, Parrish left, and LePear Toles will also be an addition, along with the transfers that sat out last year. 

That's correct, AFAIK. GT has never been one to pay much attention to detail, unless we're talking about movie plots.

2 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

Looks like we have wrapped it up for this chaotic post season.  https://bit.ly/2GdXNKs

I  have not seen any news on where some of last years departing players have landed.  Anyone have any updates I missed?

Are those grey unis new? I know we wore grey unis last year, but those look different. I could be wrong.

Gueye looks ripped. 

This is going to be a fun, fun upcoming season. Let's Go Zips!

On 5/14/2018 at 11:11 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

It would be a shame if that impact was made while at Akron.

Amen.  I'd rather see the impact than have a similar experience to some of the other MAC schools that are perpetually mediocre while hanging onto the same coach who never does well enough to move on.

• Thanks 1