Cincinnati Stadium Information

Hey - Zips fans - nice message board!It looks like the weather will be perfect for the game Saturday. This will be high school band day so several local/regional bands will be in attendance and will perform at halftime.Catiitude on the Commons is nice and bring your kids also - there is a kids zone in UC's baseball stadium with several inflatable activities - climbing, jumping, etc.UC is also promoting this as 'Bearcats Sports Festival" weekend with volleyball, soccer, and of course the main attraction - the UC - Akron football game.Hope to see many Zips fans in Cincinnati this weekend!

Hey - Zips fans - nice message board!It looks like the weather will be perfect for the game Saturday. This will be high school band day so several local/regional bands will be in attendance and will perform at halftime.Catiitude on the Commons is nice and bring your kids also - there is a kids zone in UC's baseball stadium with several inflatable activities - climbing, jumping, etc.UC is also promoting this as 'Bearcats Sports Festival" weekend with volleyball, soccer, and of course the main attraction - the UC - Akron football game.Hope to see many Zips fans in Cincinnati this weekend!
Which is the best lot to raise a tent and fire up a grille?

I'm not an expert on tailgating at UC, I tend to meet people at the Cattitude area. But if you get there early, you may be able to find a spot in a lot on campus. If not, your best bet is to park in a lot across the street from the campus. I have tailgated in the Shields School Lot and it is fine - just across the street from the campus and an easy walk to Nippert Stadium.TAILGATE WITH THE BEARCATSTailgating is part of the fun of attending college football games, and fans attending UC home games have several options for their pre-game celebrating. Two on-campus tailgating lots are back again for the 2006 season, and there are FIVE additional off-campus lots from which to choose. That's more than 500 off-campus tailgating spaces! Tailgating not only guarantees a great parking space, but allows you to pack your food, grills, beverages and all the necessary essentials for your very own pre-game party.CAMPUS TAILGATING LOTSPasses are sold on a season basis. Season passes are $140.Corry Lot: Located next to the new Marge Schott Baseball Stadium and overlooks UC's athletics facilities.Sander Lot: Located just below Corry Lot on W. Charlton Street.AREA TAILGATING LOTSShields School Lot: Located on the corner of Vine & Daniels streets, across from the Sigma Sigma House.Bogart's Lot: Located behind Bogart's on the corner of Glendora Street and Corry Boulevard.Martino's Lot: Located directly behind Martino's Restaurant on Short Vine.LaRosa's Lot: Adjacent to LaRosa's Pizza located on Short Vine.Benchmark Lot: Across from the Post Office on Short Vine. Spaces available on a first-come basis. Both season and individual game day passes will be sold. For information call Martino's at 513-221-8487 or visit www.bearcatvillagetailgating.comTAILGATING RULES• Tailgating lots open four hours prior to kickoff and will close one hour after the conclusion of the game.• There are no designated parking spaces, cars will be parked on a first come, first serve basis.• Tailgating passes are required for the two on campus lots while the five off-campus lots will park cars on a first come, first serve basis.• Alcoholic beverages must be kept in a cup at all times.• Grills are allowed in tailgating lots but a fire extinguisher must be present with your grills at all times.Please note that alcohol and charcoal grills are prohibited for fans parking in an on-campus garage.http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...html#TailgatingAlso try:http://shortvineonline.com/bearcatvillagetailgating/

Being born and raised in Cincinnati, I offer this kind advice for anyone going to the UC-Akron game. Use the campus parking losts even if you think it's a rip-off. Leaving your car anywhere on the outskirts of UC's campus is a whole lot of unhappiness waiting to happen. Pay the parking fee. Your windows, CD players, and your Corinthian leather will thank you.Go Zips!!!!!

Nippert is where the Bengals used to play and is UC's home field. It is ancient (concrete seats if i remember). One other important planning point, unless the rules have changed, they sell beer in the stadium and you can drink it in your seat. Get read for a great band entrance as they come down the steps of the stadium to the field. Go Zips :nutkick:

Nippert is where the Bengals used to play and is UC's home field.  It is ancient (concrete seats if i remember).  One other important planning point, unless the rules have changed, they sell beer in the stadium and you can drink it in your seat.  Get read for a great band entrance as they come down the steps of the stadium to the field. Go Zips  :nutkick:
Nippert may be ancient - but it is a very nice football stadium. Contrary to the Akron web site, Nippert is the second largest college football stadium in Ohio - seating 35000. It has been renovated several times - the most recent additions are new field turf, a new end zone section with locker rooms for home and visitng teams, and a new scoreboard with an excellent replayboard. There are no concrete seats whatsoever. Seating includes chair back seats in premium locations, aluminum bench seating with plastic seats bolted on top and back rests, or just aluminum bench seating.And yes - they do sell beer and you can drink it at your seat.Also - be sure and visit the brand new Lindner Center prior to the game - the ground level floor has a UC atheltic/academic hall of fame.Photo Galleryhttp://gobearcats.cstv.com/genrel/042006aab.html

i gotta say, nippert was a damned nice stadium. we'd be lucky to get something like that with the nice atmosphere surrounding it also. i bashed it based on how it used to be but it is very nice now. it would be a nice sized stadium for us. it just makes me realize that even though i love the old dump rubber bowl, we gotta get something new on campus with a nice surrounding atmosphere.