Travel Ban

1 hour ago, K92 said:

I went into Giant Eagle and wanted a cake inscribed with "eat-bite-f-suck-gobble-nibble-chew, nipple-bosom-hairpie-fingerf-screw" and I was rebuffed.  Should I contact the ACLU?

Red-Herring Fallacy and False-Equivalency K92.  One of your trolling brethren already tried something similar in Colorado, and failed on all legal grounds.  I suggest you read up on Right To Refuse Service Laws in the US if you're confused.

Edited by Balsy

6 minutes ago, Balsy said:

You're misunderstanding me.  I asked for that.  I was refused.  I just wondered if my rights were violated.  I would love to get a paycheck from that refusal.  Not trolling at all.

Just sitting around the fire here thinking. . .  Are there some training resources available for cake makers to know what is required by the law as far as refusal goes?  If not, there is a golden opportunity for Fred Pryor.

20170715_223721.jpg

23 hours ago, K92 said:

You're misunderstanding me.  I asked for that.  I was refused.  I just wondered if my rights were violated.  I would love to get a paycheck from that refusal.  Not trolling at all.

It's a somewhat complicated issue legally.  You have google at your finger tips, if you weren't simply trolling, you could go look it up for yourself...or pay a lawyer by the hour to tell you.  But from what I understand refusal of service has to be "reasonable" and "justifiable", and must not violate civil rights laws (of which states have versions of their own that go beyond that of the federal level).  Good luck convincing a judge your cake idea was unjust discrimination.  Refusing a gay couple who just got married (of which gay marriage is now the law of the land) a marriage service in your company you offer to all couples who get married (regardless of religion, race etc...) should be unreasonable and unjustifiable.  

• Like 1