2017 Fall Promotions

zippyfan34

The "Stars and Stripes" ticket program gives a FREE ticket to any active, reserve and retired members of the armed services to any Zips' regular-season home game. To redeem a complimentary ticket, armed services members must present their ID at the C.P. and Cornelia S. Chima Athletics Ticket Office located at 375 E. Exchange Street, near Gate 1 at the southwest corner of the venue, at the intersection of E. Exchange and S. Union.

Stop by the ticket office to pick up your 2017 schedule poster!

DAxcAa7XoAA2O0w.jpg

Warren got his.

• Like 1

Having freshman run onto the field with the players is a great move.  Start early in recruiting the new students to be fans.  If promoted strongly, it seems like one of the best things that could be done to "grab" new students and make them fans.  

• Like 2

On 7/13/2017 at 10:31 AM, Cykron said:

Having freshman run onto the field with the players is a great move.  Start early in recruiting the new students to be fans.  If promoted strongly, it seems like one of the best things that could be done to "grab" new students and make them fans.  

I agree. I hope the team interacts with them so they have a great experience.

On 7/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, Dr Z said:

The "Stars and Stripes" ticket program gives a FREE ticket to any active, reserve and retired members of the armed services to any Zips' regular-season home game. To redeem a complimentary ticket, armed services members must present their ID at the C.P. and Cornelia S. Chima Athletics Ticket Office located at 375 E. Exchange Street, near Gate 1 at the southwest corner of the venue, at the intersection of E. Exchange and S. Union.

Stop by the ticket office to pick up your 2017 schedule poster!

DAxcAa7XoAA2O0w.jpg

Warren got his.

That warren ball poster is pretty bad ass 

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea where else to post this, so I thought I'd post it here.  I received a Z-Fund Membership benefit thing in the mail today.  It was a nice little fold out thing, with a  novelty Z-Fund "ID" card, a car window sticker and a magnet.  Cute little nods to the season ticket holders.  So if you haven't received yours yet, be on the lookout for it.

13 hours ago, K92 said:

JD & Nikki are gonna be there???  I bet people will come out in droves!!!

JD Doesn't sound that bad.  Nikki...  I'm sorry...just who in the heck is supposed to go "oh lets go down and listen to Nikki Lane!"  This is Ohio...the home of Rock...why in the heck are we having some two-bit B-roll country singer?  I bet anyone here would rather hear whatever nebulous 80's cover band than Country...  And JD is rock...but like Rock from the 40's...wonderful Pump up music! (being sarcastic)

Edited by Balsy

Getting someone of note to play a free admission concert would cost the university a good chunk of change. Its why you don't see them bring in huge headliners for springfest. You're probably right given how popular lock 3 gets for those free concerts, they probably would be better off bringing in a quality cover band.

3 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Getting someone of note to play a free admission concert would cost the university a good chunk of change. Its why you don't see them bring in huge headliners for springfest. You're probably right given how popular lock 3 gets for those free concerts, they probably would be better off bringing in a quality cover band.

Do you have any idea what it cost to get these performers?

4 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Oh I'm not saying a big headliner...just about any cover band, and it's probably still be cheaper than those two they did book.  I've gone to about 10 free concerts throughout Akron's weekly concert series this summer.  All were not bad.  Hell Wade Oval has some very good ones that draw huge crowds as well, and they wouldn't have to pay travel expenses for the artists.