Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zipsoutsider

2017 Camp Thread

Recommended Posts

zipsoutsider    353

Camp starts on Monday. NCAA rule changes will be noticeable:

  • Double sessions, meaning 2 complete, contact practices,  have been eliminated
  • Teams are allowed to start camp 1 week earlier
  • Teams can hold a second practice, but they can only be walkthroughs - no pads, helmets, contact, or conditioning
  • The total pre-season practices allowed is still 29.

 

Edited by zipsoutsider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zipsfan33    12

I don't want to sound like a bad person but, I didn't learn anything from this.   Is he healthy?  Is he ready to go?  What is the prognosis?  Come on, I need more than this!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
K92    1,005

Why would ohio.com post a video that makes you dumber for watching.  I would have learned just as much from a still photo of Tommy outside the stadium.

 

My God.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Balsy    419
12 hours ago, K92 said:

Why would ohio.com post a video that makes you dumber for watching.  I would have learned just as much from a still photo of Tommy outside the stadium.

 

My God.

 

Because GT has to justify his job and go "look, I've posted my required videos to the website"  and all of his managers will applaud him.  When questioned on the lack of views, he'll conveniently say "it's because Zips fans don't care/barely exist!"  Instead of the quality sucking therefore we know to stay away from it/cancel our subscriptions because of (which I recently did).  And then when ZNO and zips fans complain about it, he'll unapologetically claim "it's because Zips fans don't generate traffic!"

So essentially GT has created a circle where he's only accountable to himself and his own laziness.  Brass are happy he's at least doing it, Zips fans don't view it because they know it's crap, it's crap because of his own laziness, he uses the non-click of Zips fans as evidence as to why he can continue doing the lazy work he is doing.  So annoying.

Edited by Balsy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
K92    1,005
28 minutes ago, Balsy said:

 

Because JT has to justify his job and go "look, I've posted my required videos to the website"  and all of his managers will applaud him.  When questioned on the lack of views, he'll conveniently say "it's because Zips fans don't care/barely exist!"  Instead of the quality sucking therefore we know to stay away from it/cancel our subscriptions because of (which I recently did).  And then when ZNO and zips fans complain about it, he'll unapologetically claim "it's because Zips fans don't generate traffic!"

So essentially JT has created a circle where he's only accountable to himself and his own laziness.  Brass are happy he's at least doing it, Zips fans don't view it because they know it's crap, it's crap because of his own laziness, he uses the non-click of Zips fans as evidence as to why he can continue doing the lazy work he is doing.  So annoying.

Do you mean GT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zipsoutsider    353

I shared your thoughts but usually among the first to rip on GT so I thought I would let others have first dibbs.

 

The junior Zips reporter interviews are more interesting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skip-zip    673
8 hours ago, WD UA 2015 said:

Gilbert's video indicates he plays for the Cleveland Browns. 

 

Oh my.  It really does.  The Beacon is so pathetic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CDMac    2
14 hours ago, Ham said:

Full contact tomorrow?  Maybe we will get a video report from GOZIPS,

Full pads Friday, June 4th.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zipsoutsider    353

Is it me, or is this the least amount of coverage camp has received? This is the closest thing to coverage I have seen since Day 2 or so of camp. 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue & Gold    647

Both Firestone & the HOF inductions are happening this week, so hopefully coverage will pick up next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zippy5    608
46 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Both Firestone & the HOF inductions are happening this week, so hopefully coverage will pick up next week?

Haha good one

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Balsy    419

It is surprising that they are no longer doing those camp coach interviews that we used to get.

Edited by Balsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zipsoutsider    353
26 minutes ago, Balsy said:

It is surprising that they are no longer doing those camp coach interviews that we used to get.

I have wondered if Bowden couldn't take GT's ridiculous questions, any more. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Balsy    419
3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

I have wondered if Bowden couldn't take GT's ridiculous questions, any more. 

 

I'm talking about the ones that Zips Football put out themselves...didn't they have like 30second-2min ones each day of camp?  I may be insane...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UAZippers    103
21 minutes ago, Balsy said:

 

I'm talking about the ones that Zips Football put out themselves...didn't they have like 30second-2min ones each day of camp?  I may be insane...

No, that was definitely a thing in years past. Not necessarily every day maybe, but we should have seen one by now if they were going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
K92    1,005
3 minutes ago, Buckzip said:

I wonder if they will do those one walking through the field house and introducing coaches. Ha 

If they do, I hope they have that same awful 90 second intro before the 30 seconds of interview.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×