2018 Treon Sibley, Coventry ATH 5-11½ 185 lbs

MaxPreps rates him #83 (right behind another Zips RB commit at #81) for the state of Ohio. 

I am kind of confused by Mr. Sibley. His tape doesn't have anything that scares me, he was first team D II all-state last season, and he seems to be rated highly by recruiting services, yet his only other offer was from Ashland. Hopefully, we just found a huge sleeper.

3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

This isn't new news, FWIW. I figured there was some relation, but I didn't know his brother was Todd. I wonder why they ended up at different schools? Exactly what recruiting service is he rated by, @UAZippers? I can't find anything on him. I do like his tape though.

I guess I shouldn't have said rated highly, I haven't seen a good star rating anywhere, but the Maxprep article I listed has him top 100 in the state and I am pretty sure I saw another national site with an article about how he was an up-and-coming player when we first offered him, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now.

I don't mean that he should be a 5-star recruit, but he seems better than only having one other D-III offer.

I did see that he originally went to a school in Canton. I know that when players transfer it can sometimes lead to them falling through the cracks.

9 minutes ago, UAZippers said:

I guess I shouldn't have said rated highly, I haven't seen a good star rating anywhere, but the Maxprep article I listed has him top 100 in the state and I am pretty sure I saw another national site with an article about how he was an up-and-coming player when we first offered him, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now.

I don't mean that he should be a 5-star recruit, but he seems better than only having one other D-III offer.

I did see that he originally went to a school in Canton. I know that when players transfer it can sometimes lead to them falling through the cracks.

He played for Coventry all 4 years

27 minutes ago, UAZippers said:

MaxPreps rates him #83 (right behind another Zips RB commit at #81) for the state of Ohio. 

I am kind of confused by Mr. Sibley. His tape doesn't have anything that scares me, he was first team D II all-state last season, and he seems to be rated highly by recruiting services, yet his only other offer was from Ashland. Hopefully, we just found a huge sleeper.

1st team D3 for defensive back

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, UAZip0510 said:

Everything you read there has been/will be firmly sourced.  Trying to fill a void we have with UA-related reporting.  Treon was on campus today.

Any knowledge about other recruits who may have been on campus today?

Edited by Blue & Gold