Penn State

To add more fuel to the fire, I will be driving from Columbus for the exhibition and will have a guest. I can't wait to see this team.

That being said I don't get why we are starting at 1:00. Curious decision.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

What about "post season"???????  :rofl:

So used to going to post season that it just blends in with regular season.

• Thanks 1

for those that were able to see the game....thought you might want to see where Penn State is picked to finish in the league.

Penn State is expected to be better than John Bleum and his unmentionable team that is no longer on our schedule

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/081617aaa.html

• Like 1

Quick thoughts on the game (only stayed through the first 10-15 minutes of the first half)

• Impressed by the new Central defender Joao although we were tested much on defense  ( maybe that's why Reggie started at defensive midfielder in the second half since they like Joao)
  • Manuel seemed to be very good with the ball and made many attacking runs
  • David Egbo started up top but I felt struggled a little bit in his first college game action (EZ played there in the second half when they did wholesale substitutions)
  • Gainford looked good and scored the only good
  • Stu didn't play ( I think maybe an ankle again); I also didn't think I saw Skye or Zajac

I liked what I saw today. Well worth burning a day of leave to be there. Joao Moutinho fits right into the Zips' backline. Starters were: Ben Lundt, Niko De Vera, Joao Moutinho, Shane Wiedt, Nate Shultz, Nick Hinds, Pau Belana, Morgan Hackworth, Manel Cordeiro, David Egbo, and Sam Gainford. Possession in the 1st half seemed 90% - 10% Zips (probably 80 - 20 but seemed to be almost all Akron). Sam Gainford scored the lone goal about 23 minutes or so in.

Completely subbed out the first team in the 2nd half. It seemed to take about 20 minutes to get going in that 2nd half. No scoring, but the Zips threatened a number of times. Final 1-0. Looking forward to Saturday.

6 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

Stu didn't play ( I think maybe an ankle again); I also didn't think I saw Skye or Zajac

Yeah, ankle again for Stu, but I don't think it's very serious. We'll see if he gets any minutes on Saturday.

I don't recall Skye or Marcel either and Watters didn't appear to be dressed for the match.

Braden Petno is on crutches and not available this season. Marcel was there; I saw both Marcel and Skye.

Edited by Zip_ME87