2017 Zips Mens Soccer

akron_msoc17.jpg

LtoR

Row 1: Niko De Vera, Braden Petno, Stuart Holthusen, Manel Cordeiro, Cody Lynd, Ben Lundt, Nick Costa, Tor Saunders, Sam Gainford, Nate Shultz, Pau Belana, Dener Dos Santos

Row 2: Jared Embick, Ger Coppenger, Drew ?, Barth-Luther Muafo, Nate Brown, Shane Wiedt, Declan Watters, Ezana Kahsay, Morgan Hackworth, Alex Mapp, TJ Kolba, Leo Chappel

Row 3: David Egbo, Christian Lue Young, Faisal Ghaffur Joao Moutinho, Daniel Strachan, Joe Korb, Skye Harter, Nick Hinds, Marc Alexander, Marcel Zajac, Reggie Laryea, Jackson Crawford

Edited by Zip_ME87

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, Zip_ME87 said:

akron_msoc17.jpg

LtoR

Row 1: Niko De Vera, Braden Petno, Stuart Holthusen, Manel Cordeiro, Cody Lynd, Ben Lundt, Nick Costa, Tor Saunders, Sam Gainford, Nate Shultz, Pau Belana, Dener Dos Santos

Row 2: Jared Embick, Ger Coppenger, (?), Barth-Luther Muafo, Nate Brown, Shane Wiedt, Declan Watters, Ezana Kahsay, Morgan Hackworth, Alex Mapp, TJ Kolba, Leo Chappel

Row 3: David Egbo, Christian Lue Young, Faisal Ghaffur Joao Moutinho, Daniel Strachan, Joe Korb, Skye Harter, Nick Hinds, Marc Alexander, Marcel Zajac, Reggie Laryea, Jackson Crawford

FYI, they have the coach's name misspelled!  It should be Bart-Luther MoUafo.  Apparently he's part Cameroonian.  I had to check to see if he was Samoan!  lol  I also see that he's a former player of ours -- AND now I see (Ta Da!)  He's STILL a player and that the person I was looking at is labeled "?"  #WhoDaGuy??

Edited by Z.I.P.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On this Thanksgiving,  I am thankful that the Akron Zips are still in the NCAA Tournament.  (Zips Soccer is much more palatable dinner conversation that national politics.)  That alone makes 2017 a successful soccer season. The A-Roo flag yet flies from my front porch during Thanksgiving!  As many of you know, that is the indication of a good year in Zips Soccer.

Cheers to all Akron Zips throughout the world!  May everyone have a blessed holiday with family and friends!

• Like 3

http://www.gozips.com/news/2017/12/7/mens-soccer-moutinho-garners-first-team-all-america-accolades.aspx

this zips article ...has a link that you can see who was selected to the first 3 teams

and the zips articles talks about the nanchoffs and the other legendary zips that have made the first team