Three For Thursday [Season Predictions]

Dr Z

Season Questions  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will the Zips have this season?

2. 2. How many rushing yards will Warren Ball have this season?

3. 3. Who will have the most receptions this year?

• Austin Wolf
    • Tra'Von Chapman
    • A.J. Coney
    • Anthony Young
    • other (feel free to specify in thread)
  4. 4. 🔥bonus question -- How many total sacks will the Zips defense get this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

Ball will have 900 in his first 6 MAC games. If he hits the over the Zips win 7+. Took a guess on Coney but it's nice to have a few solid options.. I think the Zips front 7 is getting back to that 2015 form and will cause some havoc in the conference schedule - taking the over. Go Zips!

• Like 1

For the members that voted "other" in wide receiver reception leader, who were you thinking?

Were you thinking Bickley (like @94zipgrad), or someone else?

Dixon, Smith, Stewart, Williams, Wooldridge...?

Interesting how close the voting for sack total is. Last year the Zips defense only had fifteen, but were devastated with injury.

2015, the bowl year, they had twenty-five sacks.

2005, the year the Zips won the MAC, they had thirty.

The Zips need sacks this year. 

On 8/24/2017 at 0:39 PM, 94zipgrad said:

I will tell you that a few of the players told me he is the toughest receiver to try & cover, sounds like he has had a good camp

Being tough to cover does not equate to catching the ball.  

23 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Being tough to cover does not equate to catching the ball.  

But he is apparently catching the ball, he is running all over us in the highlight films, he is small & hopefully he can stay healthy, good chance I'm wrong we probably use about 8 receivers so odds are tough but I gave my opinion 

12 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Just a tired Friday Night thought here....

I wonder how many times we use "if he/we can stay healthy" in these posts?

Doesn't that variable negatively impact  just about every team in any sport?  Not just the Zips?

Yes but you can't lead a team in receptions if on the IR, goes for all of them but he is about 5'7" 150 so especially for him

I always felt like Bickley was so close to becoming an explosive player but never quite crossed the threshold. In addition to drops, he was fumble-prone. I hope the 2 years out of the spotlight gave him the chance to develop into the second coming of Jojo Natson, but I am not counting on it.

Everyone seems to think that Chapman has become a legitimate receiver and I really hope it's true. I would think there has to be an advantage with him understanding the QB's mindset.

Is anyone even talking about Kwadarius?   Besides being a 1st Team Member of Akron's All-Time Best Name Team, I think he can be a very productive receiver for us.  

I don't know.  I was really concerned about losing Lane and Natson the same year.  But if Chapman successfully makes the transition, there's maybe about 6 guys that all have the potential to  have good years.  And if just one or two of the existing guys has made great strides in development, that becomes a packed receiving corp.    

He should definitely still bring that big play threat. It'd be great if he developed into a more well rounded WR this offseason. And I agree with you, Skip. Plenty of guys with the potential to have developed and turn into solid guys. I would consider Coney and Wolfe as our known commodities, but then you have Bickley, Young, Smith, Stewart, Chapman, and maybe even Gladney and the true frosh Williams. It's just a big unknown. Hopefully one or two of them did.

Edited by LZIp

Kwads has the speed to separate himself from the D-Backs,, that's for sure.  Thomas is the QB that can throw it long enough to hit him in stride....both factors to Kwadarius' success and the Zips'.  Coaches haven't always shown they were confident in his ability.

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

He should definitely still bring that big play threat. It'd be great if he developed into a more well rounded WR this offseason. And I agree with you, Skip. Plenty of guys with the potential to have developed and turn into solid guys. I would consider Coney and Wolfe as our known commodities, but then you have Bickley, Young, Smith, Stewart, Chapman, and maybe even Gladney and the true frosh Williams. It's just a big unknown. Hopefully one or two of them did.

Be interesting to see latest depth chart, I have heard Dixon & Burkhart doing well also, it is an unknown but maybe this position can become a strength, although with I think 7 senior receivers I would be surprised if Williams or Burkhart where used

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

And I agree with you, Skip. Plenty of guys with the potential to have developed and turn into solid guys. I would consider Coney and Wolfe as our known commodities

Yes, I agree with that.  Coney and Wolfe are the guys with the expectations to produce.   I'm just hopeful that there's going to be some other help.    We may have more depth than we anticipated.  I hope.  

Season prediction poll closed, we will revisit in December. This will be the first December I won't be in Miami for years, so I'm sure the Zips will be playing a bowl game in that area this year.

Edit: I guess it could be entertaining (for the 33 voters) to keep running stats as the season progresses.

Zips Wins - 0

Warren Ball rushing yards - 0

Reception Leaders - Nobody

Defensive sacks - 0

• Like 2