2018 Commit: Jalen Hooks, WR, 6-2, 170, Warren Harding

ATH Jalen Hooks One Of Ohio's More Underrated

"EVALUATION: Hooks has good size (6-foot-2, 185-pounds) and overall athletic ability. While he is a good wide receiver, he probably projects best as a safety at the next level. He has the ability to track the football in the air, while also being to come up strong in run support. "

Jalen Hooks Is A 2018 CB To Watch In Ohio

On 8/31/2017 at 10:42 PM, zippy5 said:

TB starting to bring in some very nice recruits

On 9/1/2017 at 5:12 AM, Zipgrad01 said:

Agree that 2018 class may be shaping into the best one so far. 

On 9/1/2017 at 8:00 AM, LZIp said:

Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully he gets us back to a bowl game this year so this class has a chance to stay intact.

And a MAC C appearance would be nice.

But here I was hearing that Bowden recruiting sucks.  Can we all agree to just wait to see the signing classes before making decisions to call them busts or not?

11 minutes ago, Balsy said:

First game of the year against the #6 team in the country I'd hardly use as a reason to evaluate with this team.  And at the end of the day, I'm a die-hard Zip fan and will continue to be a bull for them regardless.

C'mon Balsy. That doesn't fit the MO on here. Must be negative and bitch about everything all the time!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I see 247 Sports lists him as a 3 star composite. 

I am guessing we are hoping to ink some of these better recruits on early signing day this month.

I’m wondering how Akron will work with the new early signing. Interested to see how it shakes out across the board but primarily interested in whether Akron gets some guys locked in. They early signees have to be academic qualifiers (I think) so hopefully those guys (ones we’d like to get inked early) are good to go in the classroom.