2017 NCAA D1 Mens Soccer Rankings

U Mass Lowell #21 in this poll.

future opponent Michigan State is #1 in this poll(hard for me to believe that the big ten has the 3 best teams in the country)

zips not even considered...which is probably appropriate....after Saturday night's poor game

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/men

45 minutes ago, TennZip said:

U Mass Lowell #21 in this poll.

future opponent Michigan State is #1 in this poll(hard for me to believe that the big ten has the 3 best teams in the country)

zips not even considered...which is probably appropriate....after Saturday night's poor game

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/men

I really can't disagree at this point with the top slots. I would have thought UNC would be higher, but they lost to UNC Wilmington and have not yet hit the better opponents in their schedule.

Also, I agree, that given our Zips performance Saturday, I couldn't rank them either. Hopefully, they will put it together, or this will be a long season. As has already been pointed out, winning the MAC auto bid looks to be a tough road this season.

College Soccer News has us off the board niw, but receiving votes.  Stanford 1, Maryland 2.  Indians 3, Wake 4 and ND is 5th.

Mich State is 9th, Western Michigan 14th and UM Lowell 29th.

Edited by ZipsVoice
Add content

http://unitedsoccercoaches.org/web/Rankings/College_Rankings/NCAA_DI_MEN/web/Rankings/NCAA/DI_MEN.aspx

zips did not receive a vote from the soccer coaches...

U Mass Lowell....very low in the rankings....

Zips need to have a huge October and play a great game on Sept. 27...as Notre Dame is #1 ; Mich. State #6 ; Syracuse #11 and Western Michigan #12

• Thanks 1

Okay boys and girls, we have been posting from three or four sources, maybe 5 on rankings and they are WAY different from one another.  I know that it depends on who is voting, but how can there be such a wide variety of #1s?  Notre Dame #1 in one poll and #9 in another, Stanford #1 in one and not in the top 5 in another.  Still doesn't matter for our beloved 'Roos, so far this season, but give me your thoughts on why such disparity?  Please?  Thank you...:wave:

5 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

WMU defeated Michigan 1-0 today. Living up to their rankings.

http://www.wmubroncos.com/news/2017/9/20/mens-soccer-broncos-defeat-wolverines-in-front-of-record-crowd.aspx

The zips really will need their A+ game on October 7.   WMU got 2,317 fans out on a Wednesday night.  For a weekend game against the Mighty Zips, they will pack a lot of Bronco fans into the stands.

I watched Michigan play Indiana a few weeks ago to a 1-1 tie.  Michigan is very good this year.  Super impressive result for WMU.  Earlier in the year, WMU had gone to Indy and beat #15 Butler on the road.   

Zips will have to improve a ton from their performance against St. Louis...to win the MAC this year.    Bowling Green was tied 1- 1 earlier this week at 77 minutes at #1 Notre Dame(Irish won 2-1...but still a strong performance for falcons...chris Brennan from Copley scored the BG goal)

zips will have the opportunity this year....to dramatically improve their RPI...NotreDame currently #1 ; Mich. State #2 ; Western Michigan currently #16

zips currently #123....let the ascent.....begin at noon on Sunday !!!

4 hours ago, TennZip said:

http://www.wmubroncos.com/news/2017/9/20/mens-soccer-broncos-defeat-wolverines-in-front-of-record-crowd.aspx

The zips really will need their A+ game on October 7.   WMU got 2,317 fans out on a Wednesday night.  For a weekend game against the Mighty Zips, they will pack a lot of Bronco fans into the stands.  I watched Michigan play Indiana a few weeks ago to a 1-1 tie.  Michigan is very good this year.  Super impressive result for WMU. 

"This was WMU's first time being ranked and hosting another ranked team. It was one of the biggest games in program history and the community of Kalamazoo came out to support in record numbers. A record crowd of 2,317 came to watch WMU defeat Michigan."

St Louis' defeat of Stanford, Washington's defeat of Seattle, and the Zips' win over UMass Lowell has the Zips up to 66 in RPI rank (up from 132, if I recall).

Michigan St is currently #1, Notre Dame is #7, Western Michigan is #9. Lots of opportunities to move up. Keep at it Zips; work hard.

• Like 2

http://unitedsoccercoaches.org/web/Rankings/College_Rankings/NCAA_DI_MEN/web/Rankings/NCAA/DI_MEN.aspx

zips at #42 in the United soccer coaches poll

Michigan State received 2 first place votes...and is #4 overall

Western Michigan debuts in the top 10 at #9

for those...that want to check out a future zip opponent...#7 Notre Dame plays at #1 Indiana tonight on the big ten network at 7 pm eastern time

and if you look closely at the poll....some coach(s) that voted in this week's poll was completely oblivious to this week's results as U Mass Lowell is higher than the zips in this poll

10 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

Mighty MAC power Western Michigan lost its first game at Portland 4-1.  They play Michigan State at Home Wednesday and we will see if their play to begin the year was a fluke or not.

http://wmubroncos.com/schedule.aspx?path=msoc

Fluke or not, I'd like to see them win all non-MAC matches. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

Mighty MAC power Western Michigan lost its first game at Portland 4-1.  They play Michigan State at Home Wednesday and we will see if their play to begin the year was a fluke or not.

http://wmubroncos.com/schedule.aspx?path=msoc

WMU has wins over two top 25 caliber teams....Michigan and Butler...

they are not a fluke....zips have a lot of injuries right now at forward...Sam and David Egbo...

winning on the road is not easy....zips have 2 tough road games this week...Syracuse and W. Michigan

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TennZip said:

they are not a fluke....zips have a lot of injuries right now at forward...Sam and David Egbo...

winning on the road is not easy....zips have 2 tough road games this week...Syracuse and W. Michigan

Also Zajac - anyone know if he might return soon?

59 minutes ago, slowroll said:

Also Zajac - anyone know if he might return soon?

Don't know when he will return, but he was dressed and warming up with the team Saturday.

2 hours ago, TennZip said:

Both road matches this week are imminently losable.  But each potential victory has RPI points with it.  High risk, high reward scenario.  Zips will have every chance this season.

56 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

Both road matches this week are imminently winnable.  But eEach potential victory has RPI points with it.  High risk, high reward scenario.  Zips will have every chance this season.

FIFY

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1