Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
1981 grad

Season Ticket Renewal

Recommended Posts

1981 grad    142

I usually don't post much during the off season but I am making an exception because the deadline to renew season tickets is this Friday.  I just renewed today and I hope everyone else renews their season tickets.  I heard some people indicating that they would not renew because Akron did not retain KD.  I hope that season ticket holders would reconsider and renew.   I know that this team will be a complete rebuild but I am still looking forward to the season and great basketball under our new coach.   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Kangaroo    1,065
31 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I heard some people indicating that they would not renew because Akron did not retain KD.

Tough to retain a guy that quit to pursue his "Dream Job." Do people think we were going to pony-up $1,000,000 for him? 

 

If you were a KD Fan more than you were a Zips Fan, you probably won't be missed. Hopefully the KD Fans leaving open up some good lower-level seats for Zips Fans.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zipgrad01    181
8 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

I usually don't post much during the off season but I am making an exception because the deadline to renew season tickets is this Friday.  I just renewed today and I hope everyone else renews their season tickets.  I heard some people indicating that they would not renew because Akron did not retain KD.  I hope that season ticket holders would reconsider and renew.   I know that this team will be a complete rebuild but I am still looking forward to the season and great basketball under our new coach.   

I renewed my tickets and even upgraded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NWAkron    121

Renewed and upgraded as well with larger donation to athletic department.  Incredibly excited about this year and the Jan.23(?) Ohio U game at he JAR.  None of my usual trepidation and worry.  Just excitement for Coach Groce and what appears to be a super fit athletic team.   (I think a few of the Dambrot deadenders sat near me in lower bowl.  Anxious to see who remains this year)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zip_ME87    548

I renewed but downgraded...nothing to do with the coaching change, though. I planned to downgrade already. I don't live close enough to go to all of the games and end up sitting in the bleachers with others I know anyway. Why should I pay for "lower bowl" seat when not using it the majority of the time. It also irks me when some folks feel entitled to squeeze others they have brought into empty seats that are not theirs at my inconvenience. I don't mind them filling in the empty seats, but when they get irate that I don't want to move down a couple of seats (screwing up my view) to accommodate them, I have a problem.

 

As far as the coaching change, how could any Zips fan hold a grudge about that. Win for KD (fat, guaranteed contract that takes him to retirement); Win for the Zips, good change to a program that had become stagnant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kreed5120    587

I'll get around to buying my bleacher season tickets, I just haven't yet. ~15 games for $60 is a tremendous value. Even if you can only make it to a handful of games, it pays itself off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NWAkron    121
5 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I renewed but downgraded...nothing to do with the coaching change, though. I planned to downgrade already. I don't live close enough to go to all of the games and end up sitting in the bleachers with others I know anyway. Why should I pay for "lower bowl" seat when not using it the majority of the time. It also irks me when some folks feel entitled to squeeze others they have brought into empty seats that are not theirs at my inconvenience. I don't mind them filling in the empty seats, but when they get irate that I don't want to move down a couple of seats (screwing up my view) to accommodate them, I have a problem.

 

 

People really ask you to move from your reserved seating?  And then get angry when you don't move?  That takes a lot of chutzpah!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zip_ME87    548
2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

 ~15 games for $60 is a tremendous value. Even if you can only make it to a handful of games, it pays itself off.

 

My thought exactly for this season. Go Zips!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZipsVoice    132
4 hours ago, NWAkron said:

People really ask you to move from your reserved seating?  And then get angry when you don't move?  That takes a lot of chutzpah!

 

Happens more than you think.  A few seasons ago on at least 3 occasions we showed up and there were people in our seats and when we politely told them, they asked if we could just take the two next seats!  When we said we knew those pople and we knew they were coming to the game, the interlopers acted perturbed as they moved...chutzpah was not the term I used!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skip-zip    686
On 9/14/2017 at 3:03 PM, kreed5120 said:

15 games for $60 is a tremendous value. 

 

Can you even get into a high school game for $4 ???  That's a crazy number. 

 

Well, I guess this is another test to see if anyone beyond the normal 3,000 Akronites have any interest at all in Zips basketball.  It's always been my opinion that they just don't give a damn.  I don't think it has a lot to do with price.  People will pay if they really want to be there.  Cheapening the value of your product to this extent can easily backfire.  

Edited by skip-zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AyYo    23
3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I was under the impression that $60 for a GA season ticket is nothing new.

It's not, that's been the price for at least the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skip-zip    686

I wouldn't know.  But if that's the case, I guess we have enough data to demonstrate that "giving away" tickets doesn't get people to line up at the doors of Rhodes Arena.  We're even cheating ourselves by giving a lot of nice discounts to the people who would already buy GA season tickets anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
K92    1,070

I think the $60 deal started as a Black Friday promo and thy just decided to keep it going as a regular deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roo    31

I stopped a long time ago and tell them the same thing when the call. When they decide to actually play teams worth watching in a high school arena, I would consider purchasing again. I would not pay to see teams play teams in a high school arena that I have never heard of before.

 

Now, I have moved and no longer live in the area but never bother telling them that. But am now in Chicago, a few blocks from me, Depaul is opening a brand new arena. I get it that they are in a better conference, but I signed up for season tickets to a team I have zero affiliation with just purely to see quality basketball. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RowdyZip    42

They used to have a family plan that was about $150 for 2 adults and 2 kids.  Wish that was still around.  Not that I'm that cheap, just that it's hard to justify tickets for 4 and 2 year olds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×