At Saint Louis

video stream is free.....but it can't use your phone to watch

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211667483

LIVE VIDEO: A-10 Digital Network (free; unavailable on mobile devices; Adobe Flash settings for your browser must be enabled and updated, and updated specifically for atlantic10.com. Email fansupport@neulion.com if you encounter difficulty.)

Most interesting game promotion I've seen in recent times: 

PROMOTIONS

-- Fans are encouraged to bring their dog to the game for the “Howl at Hermann” promotion. Fans who bring their dog to the match will receive a free SLU-branded water bowl.

This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen!   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Tuned in and there is no scoreboard on the screen -- on top of a highly pixilated picture.  Now I see a pic of the field scoreboard...0-0 as the 1st half ends.  For the ten minutes I watched, it was clear that our side was far superior -- however we made some poor passing decisions and had no scoring opportunities that I saw.  This reminds me a lot of Utah Valley!  Clean things up the second half, and we SHOULD come away with a 'W'.

Halftime stats show Akron with just 2 shots in the first 45!  Considering that we controlled 80+ percent of the possession that I watched, that is pretty poor.  St Louis keeper made just one save to three for Ben.  1 corner kick each side.  2 OS for us none for the Billis.  We have to find an attack.

No way to sugar coat that our midfield is a mess. No connection from back to front. Sloppy and errant passes. Ill advised and slow passes backward, too. Need badly to clean this up.

• Like 2

End of OT, 0-0  Well, it was certainly an exciting game -- very physical and hard-fought contest, but sloppy on both teams' parts.  Akron had the last chance, and a SLU player cleared the ball of their line with seconds (under 10, I think) on the clock.  This one could have gone either way, and since we finished with 10 men, I suppose some will say we "escaped" with a draw, but the escape was mostly due to our lack of final 20 yard attacking strategy.  We just look messy (no Messi) there.

Lucky to get out of St Louis with a draw after the red card. Don't even know where to begin with cleaning up the midfield. Also, getting tired of watching these Zips have numbers going forward only to hold up and regroup until the opposing defense moves up.

Edited by Zip_ME87

I am dismayed at the mid-field play.  Happy with the draw.  My live feed was crappy, but I thought the card was iffy....you guys see it better?  I am also tired of watching road games.  4 out of 5?  C'mon.  I know why, but I miss my Cub Cadet time...

Shutz's card was absolutely warranted.  Not because of the tackle itself but because Nate was the last defender when opposition had "clear path to goal ".  Poor anticipation and positioning by the defensive unit as a whole was at fault on that play.  Given the mess he was already in, Nate did the right thing in taking down the guy, and Nate made that decision in a nano second.  It cannot be proven, but Shultz likely preserved the draw.  I do NOT mean to insinuate that Nate or any other Zip played well.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we've had a legit striking forward since Darren Mattocks.  Seems to be a weak point in our recruiting efforts.  Do striking forwards prefer not to play on a team that values possession & passing?

review the past two seasons' recruiting threads.  Youth players who can make a career at football/soccer are taking their talent to another shore.  In our case look to Las Palmas and Sporting KC, who managed to take away forwards who could have been all-American players as freshmen at UA.  We are hardly alone at losing top players however.  It is the future of the college game.  The good part is that there are so few really good players at this level that winning a national title is becoming something of a crap shoot.  We're not out of contention for 2017, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2017 at 0:17 AM, ZipsVoice said:

I am dismayed at the mid-field play.  Happy with the draw.  My live feed was crappy, but I thought the card was iffy....you guys see it better?  I am also tired of watching road games.  4 out of 5?  C'mon.  I know why, but I miss my Cub Cadet time...

In reference to the schedule, through last night, all of the other MAC teams have played 7 or 8 matches while the Zips have played 5. http://getsomemaction.com/index.aspx?path=msoc

From now through the end of October, it appears the Zips will have 3 matches every 7 days.

Sep 24, 27, 30

Oct 3 (A), 7 (A), 10, 13, 17, 21, 24 (A), 27 (A)

Nov 1, 4

(A) - away

3 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

In your opinion, is playing that many matches a week a good thing?

I worry about playing Western Michigan on the road 4 days after traveling to play a very good Syracuse team

I worry about playing Bowling Green 4 days after playing current #1 Notre Dame

this team right now is very weak in the midfield....Midfielders do a ton of running and they will get tired and this will lead to bad passes

schedule is not good for this team

• Thanks 1