Zips Football Show with Terry Bowden

Dr Z

1 hour ago, Hilltopper said:

Our head coach doesn't even know the names of his players. More than once he refered to Woodson as "Tommy Young".:unsure2:

The next time he referrs to Brock Boxen as anyone else but Brock Berlin it will the  first time. He isn't good with names.

Can we please return to the discussions of why the Zips can't competete with Big 10 and Big 12 teams? I can't quite grasp that concept? We should be able to wax the programs that draw 60k to 100k fans to their stadiums? Must be bad coaching?

Go Zips! Beat Troy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

The next time he referrs to Brock Boxen as anyone else but Brock Berlin it will the  first time. He isn't good with names.

Can we please return to the discussions of why the Zips can't competete with Big 10 and Big 12 teams? I can't quite grasp that concept? We should be able to wax the programs that draw 60k to 100k fans to their stadiums? Must be bad coaching?

Go Zips! Beat Troy!

Well we have only beaten 1 plus .500 MAC team in the last half decade that draw 10k fans to their stadium. So... draw your own conclusion. 

18 hours ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Well we have only beaten 1 plus .500 MAC team in the last half decade that draw 10k fans to their stadium. So... draw your own conclusion. 

My conclusion is - we lost Lane, Natson and Wolf for the first 3 games of this season. And Woodson is shaking off some rust. So our passing game is off to a slow start.

After last game, it's time to give Stewart more snaps.. He took advantage of his pt.

Kato had his chance to make an impression and whiffed. 

I liked looking at our defense last week and seeing do many underclassmen. Amato will be having them playing some great ball at year's end if everyone stays healthy.

Win or lose, if this week's Zips team plays a good football game they will be bowling come December. If they completely suck this weekend, it's cause for concern.

Hopefully a healthy Wolf at wide out is the jumpstart our offense needs. I have no concerns regarding the D. It will continue to get better every game.

• Like 2

• Austin Wolf had a cracked fibula at the beginning of the season.

• Defensive player of the week, Shawn Featherstone stepped in for Zach Guiser and led the team with 11 tackles

• Track star turned wideout, Kwadarrius Smith had his first one hundred yard game of his career. 

• Coach points out the tough schedule thus far should make this team better. 

On 9/28/2017 at 5:11 AM, Dr Z said:

• Austin Wolf had a cracked fibula at the beginning of the season.

• Defensive player of the week, Shawn Featherstone stepped in for Zach Guiser and led the team with 11 tackles

• Track star turned wideout, Kwadarrius Smith had his first one hundred yard game of his career. 

• Coach points out the tough schedule thus far should make this team better. 

Thanks for the summary. Featherstone played well on Saturday. I think with more experience he will be a stand out player.

Nice interview with Thomas Woodson. Coach Milwee says Thomas is quiet, but commands respect in the huddle. He brings a lot of confidence and knows what I'm thinking without saying it sometimes. Chapman on TW, he's like a brother to me. Thomas says he would like to teach or coach. 

Stock rising: John Lako's stock is rising. His football IQ is off the chart. Former walk-on.

Players of the week: Wolf, George and Sands on special teams. 

1 hour ago, Dr Z said:

Stock rising: John Lako's stock is rising. His football IQ is off the chart. Former walk-on.

He and Hauser are both former walk on's, and both had INT's in Saturday's game. Reinke is another "impact" walk-on.

In the past 2 years Bowden has shied away from the 5th year grad transfers and instead invested in grayshirts and walk-ons. Seems to be a more stable, sustainable route? 

• Nice feature on the Buddenbergs (10 minutes in). 

• Defensive play of the day, Brian Bell on 4th and goal, big tackle.

• Stock rising, Rutgers transfer Darian Dailey, don't see a lot of stats on him, because teams don't throw his way often. 

• Everybody in the secondary is back next year, bright future for them and the defense. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...