Game 5—@Bowling Green

lance99

14 minutes ago, LZIp said:

We're we not creative with MTB last year? Have we not used 2 TE sets multiple times this year? I get that one of the fun things to do on this board is bash Milwee, but he towards the bottom on my list of concerns/gripes regarding the team.

Play calling has not been our problem this year. The 2 TE adjustment at half time against Troy was very effective. I also  liked giving Neslon  meangingful reps to mix things up.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

We're we not creative with MTB last year?

Milwee run MTB in the wildcat last year, and Warren Ball this year. Do we have another player on the roster that is capable in short yardage situations? 

1 hour ago, zipsoutsider said:

I also liked giving Neslon  meangingful reps to mix things up.

Me too. I'm waiting for Kato to catch a ball this year. He is capable. I wouldn't mind seeing a trick play this week. :ninja:

1 hour ago, Dr Z said:

Milwee run MTB in the wildcat last year, and Warren Ball this year. Do we have another player on the roster that is capable in short yardage situations? 

Me too. I'm waiting for Kato to catch a ball this year. He is capable. I wouldn't mind seeing a trick play this week. :ninja:

I wouldn't mind seeing what might happen if they handed the ball to Booker on 4 and 1.  Just to see if he's got any Grice in him.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

As someone else previously mentioned, I'd love to see 6-0, 275 Kobie Booker lined up back there.

I liked how Thomas Woodson referred to him as Jerome Bettis ? wearing #36 when JJ asked about trying to tackle him. ?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2017 at 9:19 PM, K92 said:

I am saying he will not be the coach of the Akron Zips in 2018.  That's what I'm saying.  Quote it for the record.

Well, Keener either quit the site again or was banned, but he asked me to quote his post for the record so I'm doing it!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I think @K92 is just taking some time off. He's an awesome fan & poster & I look forward to his return ?

I'm pretty sure he got himself banned from posting?. 11/15 was his last day visiting here, and 11/9 (the last day he posted something) was the day he posted some rather, regrettable things.

Edited by Balsy

5 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I don't understand his point. Why would Bowden not be here in 2018? There is no way he is let go after this season and I think it is unlikely he would go anywhere.

That post was made back in September, when the 1-3 Zips struggled to beat BGSU.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 2:19 PM, Dr Z said:

I'm waiting for Kato to catch a ball this year. He is capable. I wouldn't mind seeing a trick play this week. 

Missed it by a few weeks, but with Lane's history of trick plays, and extra practice time,  maybe it inspires coach Milwee in a few weeks. 

Kato_001_2017.jpg

President Wilson really wanted this one. ?