Game 5—@Bowling Green

lance99

36 minutes ago, UA1987 said:

It seemed to me that Warren B. had a better second half at Troy. Was this better blocking? - probably not. Was it sheer effort on Ball's part? - Maybe. Was it a switch in defensive scheme by Troy's coaches to stop the pass after the half as we were two scores behind - I wonder but can't remember? I turned off the announcers so maybe that guy that used to play said something. To me this is important at BG and for the rest of our season. If they try to focus their defense on Ball we need to come up with answers - good passing game, trickery, or run Woodson to back them off their keys and the line of scrimmage.         

Completely different blocking scheme using 2 TEs (Williams and Booker.)

21 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Opening line has Zips as 2.5 point favorite.

Actually the game opened as a PK and now has moved to Akron (-3).  Clearly someone thinks we'll win... Yikes.

Myself and 5 friends are making the trip to BG for the game.  I tried getting a hold of athletics to get some tickets in the "Akron section," but haven't been able to get an answer.  Anyone have any ideas on that? 

21 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Actually the game opened as a PK and now has moved to Akron (-3).  Clearly someone thinks we'll win... Yikes.

Myself and 5 friends are making the trip to BG for the game.  I tried getting a hold of athletics to get some tickets in the "Akron section," but haven't been able to get an answer.  Anyone have any ideas on that? 

Call 1-888-99AKRON and ask the rep whether they have Akron Secton ticks available through IMG

20 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

1-888-99-25766

Ask for Adam

On 9/24/2017 at 2:35 PM, Ham said:

Cant State

Maybe it just shows my maturity level, but this made me laugh.  It may be an old one for you guys, but it is new to me.  And I have a brother in law who got a masters degree from Cant State.  I "can't" wait to use this one on him.  

P.S.  Buffalo is a 7 point favorite this week against Cant State and without their starting QB.  Wow!

1 hour ago, Cykron said:

Maybe it just shows my maturity level, but this made me laugh.  It may be an old one for you guys, but it is new to me.  And I have a brother in law who got a masters degree from Cant State.  I "can't" wait to use this one on him.  

P.S.  Buffalo is a 7 point favorite this week against Cant State and without their starting QB.  Wow!

To be fair, Can't State is without their starting QB as well.....but yeah...they are really bad. Defense is somewhat okay for a MAC squad. What's crazy is they were a double OT MAC championship loss away from making a BCS bowl a few years ago. A true one-hit wonder.

Edited by LZIp

ABJ: Zips lament defensive lapses, missed opportunities in loss to Troy

Neither Darius Copeland nor Deon'Tae Moore played last week due to sustaining concussions in practice the week prior.

Interesting (non-sensical rambling?) statement by Bowden: "We should have won the Iowa State game."   ???

• Could of, would of, should of

• We left too many points in the red zone

• The ball slipped out of Woodsons hand because it was hot and sweat. 

• Never got a good explanation on the intentional grounding call.

• Team got to visit Dexter Avenue Baptist Church and the Civil Right Memorial

• Successful at 12 personnel with Booker/Newman, both are good blockers.

• Guiser still dealing with concussion (he was knocked out)

• Copland and Moore didn't play because they had concussion in practice. 

• Kyron Brown has been our best corner this year. 

12 minutes ago, feetg10 said:

I think that Ball has a big game in this one and the Zips win in comfortable fashion. BG has not been able to contain the run against anybody. Ball is "heating up" and looks ready to have a breakout performance. 

I really hope so. I want to see Ball go off on someone soon!

The Zips face the #15 and #16 team with the most pass attempts in FBS, back to back (Troy/BG). ?

donbest

Darius Copeland Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Bowling Green

Deon'Tae Moore Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Bowling Green

Zach Guiser Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Bowling Green

Cameron Jefferies Ankle doubtful Saturday vs. Akron

Shannon SmithTargeting Suspension expected to miss 1st Half Saturday vs. Akron

BG fans rumbling for the ouster of second-year coach Mike Jinks.  —EA of the PD

The Falcons have lost to Michigan State, South Dakota, Northwestern and Middle Tennessee. They have failed to score 14 points in three of those four games. In a league where veteran quarterback play is considered an ace in the hole, the Zips have the most veteran quarterback in the league in three-year starter Tommy Woodson. But Woodson, returning from off-season shoulder surgery, has not stood above the pack.

UA Redshirt Freshman Kwadarrius Smith Brings Needed Speed to Zips Offense

A human-interest story for the Zips!!!  I won't even gripe about the fact Kwad's a red-shirt Junior.

And I certainly didn't know this about his tough upbringing.  Makes me pull for him even harder.  (I'll make you click the link to see to what I'm referring.)

On 9/24/2017 at 2:31 AM, K92 said:

Bowden is 0-5 against BG.  Currently the Falcons are one of the worst teams in FBS.  Akron should be expected to win this game.  If the Zips lose this one, who can they expect to beat on the rest of the schedule???

Perhaps we can lure Pine Bluff into a best of three proposition ????

That said, you are correct in believing that we are the better team. BG is  simply dreadful this season.

If we want to go bowling we simply can't afford a loss today.  Looking ahead I see only 2 "certain" victories in Buffalo and, of course, K.ent.

PSU - L

APB - W

ISU - L

Troy - L

BGSU - W

Ball Sweat - ???

Western MI - L

Toledo - L

Buffalo - W

Miami - L (we never win in Oxford)

Ohio - L

K.ent - W

Even with penciling in a W for today, that's only 4 wins... 5 if we beat Ball Sweat.  I'd say we have absolutely no chance to reach 6 wins if we lose today.

Win or lose, today is a watershed day for this program moving forward.

• Like 1