College Basketball Scandal

UAZip0510

56 minutes ago, Sergeant Zip said:

From the above article: "So how bad could be it? In terms of NCAA rules, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that the material obtained threatens the fundamental structure and integrity of the sport, as there’s potentially as many 50 college basketball programs that could end up compromised in some way."

22 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

From the above article: "So how bad could be it? In terms of NCAA rules, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that the material obtained threatens the fundamental structure and integrity of the sport, as there’s potentially as many 50 college basketball programs that could end up compromised in some way."

As sad as it is, I'm surprised it's only 50.

On 2/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I have a thought. 

I'm sure it's likely to be many of the top programs.  That's only logical, based on the history of corrupt behavior in college athletics as a result of money, and pleasing donors.

So, lets put the hammer to all of these schools, and let the rest of us who love COLLEGE athletics start enjoying the competition again on a more level playing field.    

• Like 4

Skip is right, I wish it would happen, but I will not hold my breath, as the NCAA itself is a corrupt organization, IMHO.  If you get a chance read "The Cartel" about how the NCAA came into existence and stays in power...they just wish this never was discovered, that's all.

• Like 2

I was watching College Gameday and the talking heads were trying to make it sound like this investigation is ridiculous. They were saying how this has been going on for a while, and that in a billion dollar business, more people should be getting paid, yada yada yada. 

I'm not holding my breath, but I hope the NCAA destroys all of these major programs, and the feds tell them they're not allowed to jump ship to create their own league. Make College Basketball Great Again.

• Like 1

I don't see anything naming the Rockets yet..

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

I would suggest looking at the names on the bottom of image 4/5 of that link................

Edited by LZIp

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

I don't see anything naming the Rockets yet..

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

I would suggest looking at the names on the bottom of image 4/5 of that link................

http://www.victoryrockprep.com/director

I really like that we have balance sheets now. I think that is fascinating. I understand for audit purposes you'd want everything to be transparent, but since the programs are already breaking the rules, I'm surprised they didn't do more to cover up where the funds are going. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I really like that we have balance sheets now. I think that is fascinating. I understand for audit purposes you'd want everything to be transparent, but since the programs are already breaking the rules, I'm surprised they didn't do more to cover up where the funds are going. 

Agreed....why not categorize  the expense as something else?

For those not following....Loren Jackson's name showed up as getting paid on one of those documents. The document was from 2016, so it's got nothing to do with Akron regardless, but as Hilltopper pointed out, its likely the Victory Rock prep guy is the most likely culprit as he seems to have a ton of connections with big names and not our Loren "Christian" Jackson. Interestingly, one of the players he has listed on his page is Aubrey Williams (Toledo).

Edited by LZIp
  • Thanks 1