Three For Thursday [Zips @Falcons]

Dr Z

BG  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Who will have the most yards receiving for the Zips?

• Austin Wolf
    • Kwadarrius Smith
    • Tra'Von Chapman
    • A.J. Coney
    • Anthony Young
    • Other
  3. 3. Warren Ball will rush for?

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm looking for the Zips to break out big this week.  Bowling Green is worse than bad.

I think the offense should have a field day against the hapless Falcon defense and win by 3 scores.

Please Zips, demonstrate that the Sagarin ratings are wrong.  Jeff's computers have them sitting at 137 and Akron at 141.  Where's Kent, you ask?  174.

Edited by K92
  • Like 1

I'm expecting a 3 TD victory....35 to 14.  Kwads breaks free for 3 big plays.  Ball will run to 125 and not past, so my predictionon will be right!  We'll still do some stupid things, personal foul penalty at an inopportune time, and probably fumble away a score in the red zone, but overall we'll prevail big time.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

I'm expecting a 3 TD victory....35 to 14.  Kwads breaks free for 3 big plays.  Ball will run to 125 and not past, so my predictionon will be right!  We'll still do some stupid things, personal foul penalty at an inopportune time, and probably fumble away a score in the red zone, but overall we'll prevail big time.

I am right there with you except the point spread. I'm not convinced we will blow anyone out by 3 td's, but I will be shocked if we don't beat BGSU by at least 10.  

I don't remember what it's like to beat BG in football... #notsincebrookhart

BGSU has won eight consecutive meetings with Akron, including four straight in Doyt L. Perry Stadium.
The Falcons have outscored Akron 170-64 in the four home games for an average score of 42.5-16.0.

During the entire eight-game win streak, BGSU has outscored Akron 296-145 for an average score of 37.0-18.1. Only one of the eight games has been decided by single-digits.

BG is 16-7 all-time vs. Akron

LOOKING BACK • A year ago, BGSU's Jake Suder broke a 28-28 tie against Akron with a field goal with 2:23 to play. Akron fumbled away the ensuing kickoff and BG scored a touchdown 11 seconds later for a 38-28 win. • Marcus Milton had a 76-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown and an interception. It had stood as his only career interception until picking off a pass last week against Middle Tennessee. • Akron outgained the Falcons 374-323, but it was the hidden yardage (like Milton's fumble recovery touchdown) and turnovers that made the difference. • Donovan Wilson led BGSU with 119 yards on the ground and BGSU had two ball carriers over 100 yards (Fred Coppet added 116).

#AYZIPPY 

Game #5, and it already seems like a "must win" game for the future of the Bowden regime.  I just can't see how this team could finish the year accomplishing anything if they don't win this one.  It would be a serious blow to their commitment for the rest of the year, with seemingly the easiest conference matchup off the table, and a 1-4 record.  It would likely be an unrecoverable situation.  

HAVE to win tomorrow.   

32 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

...already seems like a "must win" game for the future of the Bowden regime.  I just can't see how this team could finish the year accomplishing anything if they don't win this one. 

Not that the Zips will lose, but like it always does in the MAC, it will come down to the November games. #MACtion

19 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

It would be awesome if for us if it came down to beating Can't State to go to Detroit.

The one thing I know about watching the MAC for the last two plus decades, expect the unexpected. If you told me this time last year that our 2016 season would come down to Tyrell Goodman attempting 27 passes, and rushing 17 times against OU the last game of the year, I might think you were crazy. 

5 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Good call, Z

In an interview after the game Kyron said something like " they run that play twice before, I recognized it, and was sitting on it." Coach Bowden called Kyron out in his show last week, and said he was the defensive back playing the best so far. Hard to argue. 

• Like 1