Game 6—Ball State

ZippyRulz

8 minutes ago, K92 said:

This argument is all about tBotD.  Do you give the staff tBotD or not?  Some still do.  Some have stopped.  It’s much like life.  If you, as an individual, can inspire others to give you tBotD, you’ve just about got her dicked.  The average person doesn’t give it for nothing, though and once you’ve squandered it, it’s damn near impossible to get it back.  Word to your mother.

Ok dude, I’m old, what the hell is tBotD cause none of that made since LOL

57 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Ok dude, I’m old, what the hell is tBotD cause none of that made since LOL

The benefit of the doubt.

Players and their families almost always seem to think they are better than those getting more playing time and also tend to have different injury assessments than staff.

I have also advocated for Williams and Stewart to get more looks instead of Young and Gladney, as well but also recognize that ut takes more than talent to be ready to be a regular to run D1 routes, including factors like stength, to hold onto the ball and not get stripped, knowledge of the offense, discipline, including footwork, route running, and the ability to read D1 defensive players. I would imagine their reps will increase as we continue in MAC play. Coney is probably a good example of this type of progression.

8 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Coney is probably a good example of this type of progression.

Kwad's shown some nice improvement this year as well, IMO.  He made last week's pretty difficult straight over-the-head TD catch (i.e., not over-the-shoulder) look routine.  I was impressed with how smooth he was on that play.

But I also wish Stewart & Williams would get more PT.  Young & Gladney haven't contributed much... and that's putting it graciously.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

You might question “the track star” K92 but he has scored TDs...maybe not best hands...yet...but ge gets open for long balls when needed...can’t teach - or coach - speed, I think I’ve heard great coaches say.

I think I am probably talking about a different track star than you are.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Kwad+Coney+Chapman+Wolf is not a bad set of wide-outs. They should be getting the lion's share of the playing time.

Next season, the door is wide open for the young guys.

I like that set.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

It's Throwback Thursday, I had to go back a few years to find a Ball State football thread, a game we won! The Cardinals are 9.5 point dogs to San Jose today at 2:00. MAC Champs, represent!

I read through this thread & some of the takes are quite funny.  Example, someone said Alex Ramart is really really good.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

It's Throwback Thursday, I had to go back a few years to find a Ball State football thread, a game we won! The Cardinals are 9.5 point dogs to San Jose today at 2:00. MAC Champs, represent!

They are killing San Jose, running it down their throats.  Already 27-0 in the first half.