Game 6—Ball State

ZippyRulz

Hope I can break into this sniping battle...Don't look now, but Ohhio and Miami look to be going down in MAC East comp.  CMU won @Athens and BeeGee leads the RedHawkskins late 30-29.  Those are the two teams of which we must beat at least one to have a serious chance at six wins and a bowl!

11 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Hope I can break into this sniping battle...Don't look now, but Ohhio and Miami look to be going down in MAC East comp.  CMU won @Athens and BeeGee leads the RedHawkskins late 30-29.  Those are the two teams of which we must beat at least one to have a serious chance at six wins and a bowl!

The angry whiner earned the second block for me in about 15 years on these boards. Not worth my time.

Crazy day in the MAC, though. Even Buffalo had an early 14-3 lead on Western.

7 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Right..as bad as BG is.... Ball State is probably worse. Western and Toledo are the only games that are a stretch to win. Buffalo actually doesn't look too bad. 

This Ball State qb is as bad as a D1qb can get.  What a stiff.

Edited by K92

7 minutes ago, K92 said:

This Ball State qb is as bad as a D1qb can get.  What a stiff.

To be somewhat fair, he's their backup and they're also missing their starting RB. Ball State's offense is completely wrecked by injuries. Still, the way our defense was playing I don't know if a healthy Ball State makes it any closer.

21 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

WMU 71 Buffalo 68 in OT

That must have beem an exhausting game to eatch.

It took Western 7OT's to beat Buffalo!?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It was quite frustrating to watch our offense fail to extend the lead during the entire middle part of that game.  Ball State could have easily gotten back in the game at any time.  That goal line stand was HUGE.

Other than that, I like what I saw today, but that was admittedly a fairly weak team we were playing.  Lets hope this game was at least the "practice" we needed for much tougher games down the road.  It's nice to have 3 wins in early October.  

Had a blast today. Been at least a year since I've had that much fun at a Zips game. LOVED the helmets, great weather, nice crowd, fun game where the Zips looked good. Brought some friends to the game today & they all had a good time. I'm going to bed in a very good mood.

Go Zips!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

It was quite frustrating to watch our offense fail to extend the lead during the entire middle part of that game.  Ball State could have easily gotten back in the game at any time.  That goal line stand was HUGE.

Other than that, I like what I saw today, but that was admittedly a fairly weak team we were playing.  Lets hope this game was at least the "practice" we needed for much tougher games down the road.  It's nice to have 3 wins in early October.  

I defenitely felt like we were using the game to work on some things and gets reps to back-ups. 

A few thoughts:

1.  Sands is going to be a strong back. Probably the best if the three, he just needs more reps.

2.  Our defense has shown improvement. Lako, Reinke, K Brown, Featherstone, and Davis are really stepping up. Dailey, Gilbert, Bell, and Boxen are playing well and offenses seem to avoid them.

3. Ball actually had a very highly rated defensive line. We didn't do a bad job stopping their rush. 

4. Why no Nate Stewart or Dre Williams? Coney and Wolf are playing consistently well, Chapman was quiet today. Young and Gladney still have not proven themselves and Smith seems like he is still somewhat of a gamble.

5. The announcers and Bowden both mentioned the wind affecting kicks and the passing game.

Edited by zipsoutsider
  • Like 1