Game 7—@Western Michigan

zipsoutsider

Alrighty folks, this is also the game that several members made friendly wagers on from last season as donations for the Z-fund.  Of course this is a gentleman's agreement.  If you're one of those don't forget to post it here.  If I'm not mistaken I'm matched up with Keener that the Zips will beat WMU this year.  And of course, this is just for fun.  I'll go troll through the other post and to-see who all was in on the bet.

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

Alrighty folks, this is also the game that several members made friendly wagers on from last season as donations for the Z-fund.  Of course this is a gentleman's agreement.  If you're one of those don't forget to post it here.  If I'm not mistaken I'm matched up with Keener that the Zips will beat WMU this year.  And of course, this is just for fun.  I'll go troll through the other post and to-see who all was in on the bet.

Welcome back @Balsy, 1 win & your back, way you made it sound you may check back in at the end of the season, in the future stay away from the cliff ? Go Zips

1 hour ago, 94zipgrad said:

Welcome back @Balsy, 1 win & your back, way you made it sound you may check back in at the end of the season, in the future stay away from the cliff ? Go Zips

:lol: I know winning Zips gets me too excited to stay away...:lol:  And...well, I do have a gentleman's agreement to live up to...;)

Edited by Balsy

I haven't thought WMU was near as good as last season to begin with. Toledo is in a league or their own this year, IMO. I believe my Z-fund bet is with Hilltopper, so this one obviously has big implications.

Concentrate on stopping the run and make that QB and those WRs beat you is what I would do. I do predict Darius Phillips will have a return for a TD. He is a legit play maker. They even have used him on offense some.

Watched a good deal of the end of the WMU-UB game. I would agree that UB is much better than most believed. Leipold(is that correct) has done a nice job up there. And,UB got hosed on a couple of questionable calls from the good old MAC officials or the outcome might have been different. Oh,well.

What I saw from WMU scares me. They have a big physical O-Line. They have a big physical RB in Franklin who runs through people. They can throw the ball when they need to.

Their D-line is big and physical. UB had a nice looking QB and a couple of receivers that gave WMU some problems.

Its easy to see what kind of players Fleck was recruiting to WMU. He wanted to look more like a Big-10 team than a MAC team. 

If WMU gets their run game going early and Akron can't throw the ball effectively and accurately might be a long day in Kalamazoo. BUT,remember 2007, the Zips 'Akroned' them.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:38 AM, Balsy said:

The wager was on which team will finish with more wins. Hilltopper and I had WMU. You, @LZIp, and @blue & gold (I don't know why it won't let me tag you) had Akron.

6 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I think EMU is pretty legit. Potentially a top 3 MAC squad. Still not sold on Buffalo. I think the jury is still out on them. Wins vs Kent, Colgate, and FAU don't impress me much.

Hardly murderers' row, to be certain.  :lol:

Edited by K92

23 hours ago, Lee Adams said:

Watched a good deal of the end of the WMU-UB game. I would agree that UB is much better than most believed. Leipold(is that correct) has done a nice job up there. And,UB got hosed on a couple of questionable calls from the good old MAC officials or the outcome might have been different. Oh,well.

What I saw from WMU scares me. They have a big physical O-Line. They have a big physical RB in Franklin who runs through people. They can throw the ball when they need to.

Their D-line is big and physical. UB had a nice looking QB and a couple of receivers that gave WMU some problems.

Its easy to see what kind of players Fleck was recruiting to WMU. He wanted to look more like a Big-10 team than a MAC team. 

If WMU gets their run game going early and Akron can't throw the ball effectively and accurately might be a long day in Kalamazoo. BUT,remember 2007, the Zips 'Akroned' them.

I saw the same thing. Buffalo has a few big receivers that are serious matchup problems. I find it hard to believe ianello recruited them. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

I think EMU is pretty legit. Potentially a top 3 MAC squad. Still not sold on Buffalo. I think the jury is still out on them. Wins vs Kent, Colgate, and FAU don't impress me much.

I watched their game at Minnesota. They looked the part against a Big 10 team on the road. 

On 10/7/2017 at 8:35 PM, zipsoutsider said:

It took 7 OTs for WMU to finally put Buffalo away 71-68. 

Three things we can learn from this game:

1. WMU isn't quite as good as peo4pke thought.

2.  Buffalo isn't quite as bad as peole thought.

3. There is tremendous parity in the MAC.

We are 13-14 point underdogs. That is a very tempting line.

43 minutes ago, K92 said:

This is a very tempting roadie.

The area north of Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids is the Manistee National Forest, and it is beautiful in the fall. Especially if you like off-roading down jeep trails. There are some pretty big sand dunes on the shores of Lake Michigan at a place called Silver Lake State Park.

31 minutes ago, ZachTheZip said:

The area north of Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids is the Manistee National Forest, and it is beautiful in the fall. Especially if you like off-roading down jeep trails. There are some pretty big sand dunes on the shores of Lake Michigan at a place called Silver Lake State Park.

So, you are saying it's a perfect place for a redneck like me, eh Zach?  That's ok, I won't hold it agains you.  I'll wear it with pride.  I was just up there in June. 

3059_135068129530.jpg