Game 7—@Western Michigan

zipsoutsider

I missed the game as I had plans. Looking at the box score I see we were out gained nearly 2 to 1, were the more penalized team, and allowed WMU to convert a high % of their 3rd and 4th downs. Despite all this we still managed to find a way to win on the road against a pretty good team. Bravo! I need to find a replay somewhere.

Go Zips!

I suppose the "Fire Bowden" talk stops for a week, with a 3-0 record and sole possession of first place.  

Who would have thought that we could take this defense, and hold a team to 13 pts. that was scoring 41 per game.  

Amazing that we didn't score for 3-1/2 quarters, and still won that game.  

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

They are saying on the WMU blog that for that after the sack they should have just thrown for a TD instead of trying to get FG team on.  I wasn't watching and since Frenchy was screaming those last few seconds are a blur.  Anyone have a thought on that?

Wouldn't have had time to set, I don't think. Or it would've been very very close. 

6 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

They are saying on the WMU blog that for that after the sack they should have just thrown for a TD instead of trying to get FG team on.  I wasn't watching and since Frenchy was screaming those last few seconds are a blur.  Anyone have a thought on that?

I don't think they were going to get a play off regardless.

8 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

I suppose the "Fire Bowden" talk stops for a week, with a 3-0 record and sole possession of first place.  

Who would have thought that we could take this defense, and hold a team to 13 pts. that was scoring 41 per game.  

Amazing that we didn't score for 3-1/2 quarters, and still won that game.  

... OK with me if the 'Let go Milwee' talk continues. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

They should have tried to throw deep on the play they got sacked on... that's what they were trying to do.

I don't think they had enough time to get the WRs that went deep on that play to get back onsides and ready for a snap though.

Hard to know for sure because couldn't see whole field but I think they clock runs out on them either way.