2017 Race To Detroit

Balsy

4 hours ago, K92 said:

The Zips lost to the Redskins and Ohio beat that Toledo team.  Then all of the sudden the nation stopped talking about the race to Detroit.

latest?cb=20110908174919&path-prefix=for

(Say it again out loud in the Forrest voice.  It’s funnier.)

At this point, I see it more as a couple games of survival to maintain respectability.

The race to Detroit was mathematically possible on paper. I thought we could win at Miami, but that was before the Woodson suspension and the Sands injury. I expected the "Race" to be spoiled in front of a respectable home crowd by OU, but alas...

Edited by UAZipster0305

3 hours ago, K92 said:

A realistic chance.

Looked at the stats from the OU/Toledo game.  OU had 532 total yards; 393 rushing yards with two Brown(142) and Rourke,the QB(115). Ouellette' supposedly their best back 'only' had 70.

A potent running game with a running QB who only has to throw sparingly is not a recipe for a ZIPS win.  But,this is as close as as these guys have been to actually realistically being able to

win the division. Sometimes teams can play out of their minds for one game like this. Lets play it and see. 

2 hours ago, Lee Adams said:

But,this is as close as as these guys have been to actually realistically being able to win the division. Sometimes teams can play out of their minds for one game like this. Lets play it and see. 

That's what I am getting at. 

Some poster who highlight the unpredictability of the MAC every day are some of the same people who are also saying that they somehow find it to be unfathomable that one MAC East team can play unusually great on a given day, and one can play unusually bad.  In fact, that's probably what happened between OU and Toledo just last night. 

22 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

That's what I am getting at. 

Some poster who highlight the unpredictability of the MAC every day are some of the same people who are also saying that they somehow find it to be unfathomable that one MAC East team can play unusually great on a given day, and one can play unusually bad.  In fact, that's probably what happened between OU and Toledo just last night. 

Could be, but it certainly didn't look fluke-y.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:42 AM, K92 said:

The Zips lost to the Redskins and Ohio beat that Toledo team.  Then all of the sudden the nation stopped talking about the race to Detroit.

latest?cb=20110908174919&path-prefix=for

(Say it again out loud in the Forrest voice.  It’s funnier.)

And now, Zips are (still) in complete control of their own destiny with the Race to Detroit.  Akron wins vs Kent their in.  End of story.  That's a pretty exciting place to be with one week to go.

• Like 1