Three For Thursday [Zips @Rockets]

Dr Z

UT  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. How many yards will Logan Woodside throw for?

3. 3. Who will have the most yards from the line of scrimmage?

• Van Edwards Jr.
    • Manny Morgan
    • Deltron Sands
    • Kwadarrius Smith
    • A.J. Coney
    • Tra'Von Chapman
    • Austin Wolf
    • Fransohn Bickley
    • Anthony Young
    • Kobie Booker

This poll is closed to new votes

Logan Woodside is rated 15th in the nation, and averages 287 passing per game thus far. He's only thrown one pick, averaging 31 attempts per game. Akron defense gives up an average of 240 yards per game, and has 9 interceptions this year (12th in the nation). IMO, this will be your ? matchup of the week. 

• Like 1

Would love a win, but think it will be a close loss.  Sorry.  Kwads will not catch the most catches, but his yardage per catch puts him at the front of this question, and I think Woodside will through for a lot of yards but under 300.

Toledo is 83rd in the nation against the run, giving up 175 yards per game. Akron will need to run the ball effectively, like they did against BG to limit Toledo's offensive possessions. I wonder if Kato will be able to provide a series or two this week, or is he still banged up? Will Deltron get a few carries this week? Will we see more 12, and 22 personnel? 

Odd, Toledo only has 6 sacks this year. Lowest in the conference. :wacko:

1 hour ago, blueandgold said:

I hope the Zips can win this, however I voted Toledo by 13 or less. I voted down the middle for passing yards and I feel like Coney will have a pretty good game.

This exactly reflects my sentiments. I think we can but I am not convinced. I agree about Coney. He has become a good consistent receiver.  I outlined how I think the Zips can win in the Toledo thread. I think this poses a good, but very difficult challenge to our very talented secondary. 

Bend but not break makes me a little nervous against a quality, veteran QB.

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Just a gut feeling. Or maybe hoping.. but I took Kwad thinking he has a couple big plays. I mentioned it in another thread that Woody needs his best game as a Zip, but it'll also take some big plays and a few other Zips playing their best game yet as well.

Zippy,

A few Zips have to have great games for us to win. No one has offered this opinion but I feel our DB's have to be awesome. That especially applies Darian Dailey and Jordan George. Davis and Brown are ready to shut down their opponents.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Zippy,

A few Zips have to have great games for us to win. No one has offered this opinion but I feel our DB's have to be awesome. That especially applies Darian Dailey and Jordan George. Davis and Brown are ready to shut down their opponents.

Agreed.  A bit of pressure on the QB will help.  Wait a minute; we need to stop the run.  This could be one more game that the D comes through.  With the experience of the staff, I think they will come up with some stunts and games to win the day.  If the O can just put up more than 14...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

If the O can just put up more than 14...

I thought it was going to take 28 to beat WMU; D proved me wrong.

Not sure what it'll take to beat Toledo but I don't want to rely solely on the defense in the second half to secure the win.

Some are bemoaning play calling as a big reason we didn't put up more against WMU but (TB mentioned this in his presser as well) we had a few drops and a few errant throws in the second half that were just execution errors. We made those plays in the first half to get out to the lead but missed several in the second half to extend the lead and blow out WMU.

They call it a "game of inches" for a reason but I agree that I'd like to see us make a few more of those plays and really get this offense rolling.

Baby steps; gotta walk before we can run. Let's hope the offense starts cooking with Jet Fuel this weekend! Go Zips!!

• Dr Z unlocked and unpinned this topic