Bowling Green

1 hour ago, TennZip said:

whoever was doing the tweeting last night...was not impressed by the local kid...that went away to school...to establish a soccer powerhouse???

Sorry TennZip, not sure I'm following your post correctly....was that from another quote by or about Brennan?  I wasn't impressed last night either.  Maybe it's just me, but Brennan appeared to be frustrated all night by the disciplined passing game and spread and spacing of Akron, and instead wanted to revert to physicality as his way of trying to beat it.  Was the reference to a "soccer powerhouse" tongue-in-cheek or does someone believe BGSU is such an animal at this time?

My reference to soccer Power house was very tongue in cheek

When Brennan announced that he was going to BGSU, he said he could have taken the easy route and gone to the local powerhouse...but he wanted to be a leader and establish a new soccer excellent team in the mac.   he has 2 more years to make his mark but I suspect that his wishes will not come to fruition.

I am ecstatic that Skye's team did not lose to the team featuring his high school teammate.   Skye is a really good young man and has improved greatly during his time at Akron.

what you quoted above are my words....

I assume that Sean Palchick, the Akron U. soccer SID ...did the two tweets that I attached.   The UA soccer tweets definitely felt that Brennan's yellow and red cards were overdue and well deserved.  Other comments on the board seem to concur.

Chris Brennan is my kind of player, tough and physical.  I have watched him play youth/HS soccer dozens of times. He is quality. The reasons why he is not playing for Akron continue to elude me.

But his conduct Saturday was at best irresponsible, and was at worst malicious.  Chris Brennan deserved a straight red card for his assault on Joao Moutinho, nevermind that he already was riding a yellow for swinging an elbow at Moutinho previously.  

I do not want to see Brennan as a dirty player, but a man is defined by his deeds. 

12 hours ago, TennZip said:

whoever was doing the tweeting last night...was not impressed by the local kid...that went away to school...to establish a soccer powerhouse???

Shades of Michael Green, aka the Dark Knight of --was it St Ed's? -- who Caleb did not recruit, instead recruiting the more unknown kid named Darlington Nagaway or something like that.  :P

This is absolutely unbe-fricking-lievable!  I turned off the stream after 87 minutes!!!  Just seconds before the Brennan red card -- still not sure how the OTHER BG player got red carded!  And we give up the most inept goal I have ever seen an Akron team allow.  That could have -- I mean the whole end of this one could have made #SCTopTen.  THANK YOU Ezana and friends for providing a heart-stopping ending.  Now DON'T do that again!!!

Edited by Z.I.P.

1 hour ago, zippyfan34 said:

#14 for BG definitely said something to one of the line judges in the scrum and may have made contact with him that caused the red card.  You could see some of it on the replay

I didn't see it, but was told that #14 made contact with a ref.

26 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I didn't see it, but was told that #14 made contact with a ref.

Yeah, it almost look like there may have been a little head to head contact but I need to rewatch it again.  It wasn't a full on WWE headbutt but there appeared to be some contact where there shouldn't be any.

2 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

Yeah, it almost look like there may have been a little head to head contact but I need to rewatch it again.  It wasn't a full on WWE headbutt but there appeared to be some contact where there shouldn't be any.

Reference Victor Souto at Marquette in 2013. 

It would not be surprising for MAC to rule on this one.

10 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

Reference Victor Souto at Marquette in 2013. 

It would not be surprising for MAC to rule on this one.

I took a look again and I don't think there was any head to head contact.  It actually wasn't much.  It looked like to me #14 basically pinched/grabbed around the chest area of the linesman's jersey and snapped it while he said something walking by.  The linesman's immediate reaction was to go over to discuss it with the head official.  

6 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

I saw Brennan exit the pitch.  Did he return?  Is that allowed in NCAA?

Looking at the replay, Brennan returned to the pitch when the match ended (or earlier?). He was definitely on the pitch when Jared was having words with the BUGS asst coach. Brennan should not have returned to the field at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1