Pitt Panthers

http://unitedsoccercoaches.org/web/Rankings/College_Rankings/NCAA_DI_MEN/web/Rankings/NCAA/DI_MEN.aspx

Huge game for RPI purposes

Akron is currently 14 in the RPI

Pitt is 21 in rpi

akron's remaining schedule does not provide much for RPI...W. VA is 58 in RPI ; Marshall is 134 and NIU is 164

the team in Kalamazoo is 6 in the RPI

I have attached a link to the coaches Oct. 24 rankings.

zips win over Notre Dame helped them move from 19 to 14

Notre Dame dropped from 12 to 16

Pitt is at 33 in coaches ranking

the team in Kalamazoo mover from 8 to 6

3 hours ago, ZipsBurgh said:

They have their own field:  Ambrose Urbanic Field in the Petersen Sports Complex.

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/facilities/?id=16

above is a link to the peterson sports complex

it has a link to directions

I keyed in a stow address to get there....

the recommended route is to use 279S once you get off 79s

there is another route that uses 376 and takes 9 minutes longer (if neither route has construction delays)

below are part of the directions to get to the soccer field....you have to go to exit 2 to change from 279S to 579S

On Saturday October 14th, I drove on 279S to get to the Fort Pitt Bridge as I was going to the last Riverhounds game of the year.    it took me 45 minutes to go 1 mile(between exit 5 and exit 4) as they had the road shut down to 1 lane at exit 4 on 279S (due to construction).

for anyone going over to Pitt for the game, I would highly suggest checking your traffic apps to check for construction delays on 279S.....and also 376.     Allow yourself plenty of time to get there as Pittsburgh traffic will be very heavy from 5 to 6:30.  I have always run into delays whenever I have traveled on 279S

part of route to Ambrose Urbanic stadium ....using 279S

Merge onto I-79 S via EXIT 28 toward Pittsburgh.

Then 6.93 miles

Merge onto I-279 S/Parkway North via EXIT 72 on the left toward Pittsburgh.

Then 11.42 miles

Merge onto I-579 S via EXIT 2A toward Veterans Bridge.

Then 0.89 miles

Take the 7th Avenue exit toward 6th Avenue/Downtown Exits.

Then 0.33 miles

16 minutes ago, TennZip said:

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/facilities/?id=16

above is a link to the peterson sports complex

it has a link to directions

I keyed in a stow address to get there....

the recommended route is to use 279S once you get off 79s

there is another route that uses 376 and takes 9 minutes longer (if neither route has construction delays)

below are part of the directions to get to the soccer field....you have to go to exit 2 to change from 279S to 579S

On Saturday October 14th, I drove on 279S to get to the Fort Pitt Bridge as I was going to the last Riverhounds game of the year.    it took me 45 minutes to go 1 mile(between exit 5 and exit 4) as they had the road shut down to 1 lane at exit 4 on 279S (due to construction).

for anyone going over to Pitt for the game, I would highly suggest checking your traffic apps to check for construction delays on 279S.....and also 376.     Allow yourself plenty of time to get there as Pittsburgh traffic will be very heavy from 5 to 6:30.  I have always run into delays whenever I have traveled on 279S

part of route to Ambrose Urbanic stadium ....using 279S

Merge onto I-79 S via EXIT 28 toward Pittsburgh.

Then 6.93 miles

Merge onto I-279 S/Parkway North via EXIT 72 on the left toward Pittsburgh.

Then 11.42 miles

Merge onto I-579 S via EXIT 2A toward Veterans Bridge.

Then 0.89 miles

Take the 7th Avenue exit toward 6th Avenue/Downtown Exits.

Then 0.33 miles

Also, the Penguins have a home game tonight.  So traffic will be a little heavier going coming from the west/north and heading past downtown towards Oakland.

Edited by ZipsBurgh

https://pittsburghsoccerreport.com/2017/10/24/pitt-vs-akron-702-p-m/

This will be a match that senior captain center back Bryce Cregan has been looking forward to, having played his first two collegiate seasons prior to transferring to Pittsburgh when Vidovich was hired in 2016.  Cregan started 12 of 16 matches for the Zips, in his freshman season in 2014, recording one assist, but only made three appearances in 2015. Cregan has been a part of the U.S. Youth National Team system, making eight international appearances and was a member of the U.S. U17 Men’s National Team.

Cregan quoted in this article from a major Pittsburgh paper

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2017/10/16/Coach-Jay-Vidovich-is-making-Pitt-men-s-soccer-relevant-Bryce-Cregan/stories/201710130150

“We didn’t have any type of winning culture at Pitt, whereas at Akron, you were expected to win games every year, make the tournament and go far in the tournament,” said senior defender Bryce Cregan, who transferred from Akron. “Here, we didn’t really have any expectations.”

“At the beginning of the year, we were under the radar,” Cregan said. “Now, I think teams are kind of scared to play us. We still have the old Pitt name, but we’re not the old Pitt anymore.”

Is it the background of beige brick, or is this field extra large?  Also, looks COLD!!! 

I gotta say also, those kits look like a new purple color on my screen.  Love it!  Wish the basketball and football teams would try and copy!

Edited by Z.I.P.