And the CFP Rigging Begins!

Balsy

Not failing to deliver.  The whining is sensational. 

You just can’t make this stuff up. Lol 

i should really have some fun and make up a new username and start threads mentioning OSU. Then I can watch while the same minnows get hooked over and over and over and over again while acting like they are ignoring me. I think my new user name will be Pavlov....ROFLMAO.

I sure am glad that we don't get much traffic from other fan bases here. it is embarrassing how some here are more obsessed with other schools than they are with  UA. 

The obsession is outstanding. 

Sorry for the interruption. Back to your whine fest. 

Edited by Buckzip

3 hours ago, K92 said:

Please elaborate.  This could be the beginning of some fantastic conversation that might even evolve into vigorous debate.

I don't ever feel like long message board debates but sure.

You claim the blue bloods with national followings will always win the human debate of A vs B for CFP inclusion. PSU had a darn good case (this makes me sick to type) for the playoff last year, has a huge following, and Washington was picked to travel to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl if I remember correctly. 

29 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I don't ever feel like long message board debates but sure.

You claim the blue bloods with national followings will always win the human debate of A vs B for CFP inclusion. PSU had a darn good case (this makes me sick to type) for the playoff last year, has a huge following, and Washington was picked to travel to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl if I remember correctly. 

I will try to be brief because you might TLDR me.

1.  I don’t think PSU is on the same level of B.B. as the other 3 I named.

2.  I don’t think it was a dead heat between those 2 teams.

3.  The B1G demographic was covered with OSUs inclusion and Washington delivered the PAC demographic.

1. Pretty darn close. Here's PSUs crowd across the country at the Rose Bowl in USC's backyard. What can Bama or OSU bring that they can't?

WO4T6005-M.jpg

2. You're right, but you could make one solid case for the B1G champ to get in any year. I think Washington had a better case - and they got in. Which is my point, they could have picked the big fanbase but passed for the better team.

3. Can't argue that one

Edited by zippy5

I think we are in agreement mostly.  I just think that if there is a really tough decision to be made between 2 resumes that are extremely close, the money interest will win out every time.  As a fan of a school with no Blue Privilege™, I definitely would love to see the playing field level and a have-not get in there on merit.  I’m not agreeing with the OP that it is rigged, but the tie-breakers belong to the big money powers.

9 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

1. Pretty darn close. Here's PSUs crowd across the country at the Rose Bowl in USC's backyard. What can Bama or OSU bring that they can't?

WO4T6005-M.jpg

2. You're right, but you could make one solid case for the B1G champ to get in any year. I think Washington had a better case - and they got in. Which is my point, they could have picked the big fanbase but passed for the better team.

3. Can't argue that one

It is more than what they bring to the game. It is also what they bring in television revenue by how many people watch the games. 

Listening to Mike and Mike this morning, and they were both already thinking up excuses for the Committee:

"head-to-head matters...for now..."

"Undefeated Miami team, no way they don't make it...unless the quality of the wins for other teams are just better"

They even said this morning: "the quality of the loss...Oklahoma loss was EARLY in the year (therefore it's not as meaningful as later in the year)"

"Look at how we've watched them mature and grow...that's got to account for something!"

Bullshit bullshit, bullshit.  Not.  Objective. At.  All.  

2 hours ago, Buckzip said:

The playoff last year was:

Bama V Washington

OSU V Clemson

Bama beat up Washington.

Clemson embarrassed OSU

Clemson beat Bama

Then the Browns passed up Watson because they are, well, the Browns. 

Cardale Jones should be tearing up the NFL with that logic.

50 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Cardale Jones should be tearing up the NFL with that logic.

Watson did it for a couple of years. Jones did it for 3 games and then the next year looked awful. Also, if you watched that game, you would remember that Zeke gave CJ a lot of help. 

Watson did it without a future All Pro running back next to him. 

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

Listening to Mike and Mike this morning, and they were both already thinking up excuses for the Committee:

"head-to-head matters...for now..."

"Undefeated Miami team, no way they don't make it...unless the quality of the wins for other teams are just better"

They even said this morning: "the quality of the loss...Oklahoma loss was EARLY in the year (therefore it's not as meaningful as later in the year)"

"Look at how we've watched them mature and grow...that's got to account for something!"

Bullshit bullshit, bullshit.  Not.  Objective. At.  All.  

I would agree with this. LOL

On 10/31/2017 at 7:48 PM, skip-zip said:

It doesn't matter where they are right now.  They mysteriously moved them up 2 or 3 spots in 2014 during the final poll, even when all of the teams ahead of them won quite easily in their final games.  

They will move them when they start getting nervous about their projected CFP revenue numbers.  

I should have waited just a few more days to respond.

I don't even believe that the CFP can work enough magic to justify putting the Suckeyes in the playoff this year now.  But I'm sure they'll try.  

:lol:

10 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I should have waited just a few more days to respond.

I don't even believe that the CFP can work enough magic to justify putting the Suckeyes in the playoff this year now.  But I'm sure they'll try.  

:lol: totally agree.  So they lose to a previously unranked team, and they're currently at #6...so they'll probably move to #10 just behind Wisconsin, so if they beat Wisconsin, they can move up...and if enough dominos fall with the last couple of games...

But that loss was so bad, I'm sure the CFP could justify it.  :lol:

The projection is that they will move to about #14, and that won't break my heart.  No way a team from the Big 10 will ever make the playoff with 2 losses.  Wisconsin might not make it with ZERO losses, if you can image that.  They even joked last night about all of the really bad teams in that league.  And even some of the teams that they thought were good a month or two ago are fading fast.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2017/11/05/misery-index-week-10-ohio-state-set-another-underachieving-season/834000001/

It's all good news for us.  This means that there's a chance that the Beacon will be covering the Zips run to a championship this year......Maybe.  

Edited by skip-zip

On 11/5/2017 at 10:12 AM, skip-zip said:

It's all good news for us.  This means that there's a chance that the Beacon will be covering the Zips run to a championship this year......Maybe

Funny...I was wondering the same thing!  Could they MAKE Marla write something about her worst nightmare...the one on Buchtel?  Then I woke up from my dream and realized it would never happen....but what if???

50 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Funny...I was wondering the same thing!  Could they MAKE Marla write something about her worst nightmare...the one on Buchtel?  Then I woke up from my dream and realized it would never happen....but what if???

I'm hoping that the Suckeye Faithful down there on Exchange will now get bored, knowing that there's no more drama to cover in Cowlumbus for the rest of the season, and might be looking for some other relevant local sports news, and might suddenly discover that the Division I-A school that's a 5 min. walk away for their office just happens to be on track for a conference title. 

I know.  Blind hope.   

Expect to see more coverage for the Suckeye's upcoming invitation to the Holiday Bowl instead.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I know.  Blind hope.   

Expect to see more coverage for the Suckeye's upcoming invitation to the Holiday Bowl instead.  

Yeah...they'll find some way to dedicate an entire page to the Buckeye's chase to another 10-2 season with a Bowl appearance in whatever Bowl...

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

It appears this thread has turned into the official 2017 OSU thread. I'll make sure to avoid it. I come here to talk Zips sports. I don't care about dwelling on any other specific team.

No need to worry.  The national media (and hopefully the Beacon Journal) doesn't have much of a reason to talk about them anymore this year either.  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...