Game 10—Zips @ Red Hawks

Captain Kangaroo

3 hours ago, skip-zip said:

This says, "We don't think Akron is good enough to challenge for the East title".

Looks like we still need a couple more good wins to convince them otherwise.   I hope we can get it done.  

Indeed.  Hopefully the Zips can show up and prove otherwise.

On 11/6/2017 at 3:08 PM, Dr Z said:

ESPN2 will televise the game with Kevin Negandhi (play-by-play), Rocky Boiman (analyst), and Quint Kessenich (sideline) calling the game.  

Junior RB Kenny Young is Miami's top rusher with 587 yards and four touchdowns on 116 carries. Junior QB Billy Bahl is 61-of-117 for 820 yards and five touchdowns. Junior WR James Gardner is the leading receiver with 847 yards and nine touchdowns on 42 receptions. Defensively, junior LB Brad Koenig has 70 tackles, three sacks, three hurries, three break-ups, and a forced fumble.

In the NCAA stats, Miami is ranked No. 20 in passing yards per completion (14.13), No. 26 in net punting (40.44), and No. 37 in red zone defense (0.778). Junior WR James Gardner is No. 3 in receiving touchdowns (9), No. 6 in receiving yards (847), and No. 31 in total touchdowns (9).

AKRON-MIAMI CONNECTIONS
Miami has three players from the Akron area on its roster– freshman TE Adam Mehelic (Hudson, Ohio | Hudson HS), freshman WR Dominique Robinson (Canton, Ohio | Canton McKinley HS), and freshman DB Donte Taylor, Jr. (Akron, Ohio | St. Vincent-St. Mary HS).

One more victory, and the Zips will be bowl eligible for the second time in three seasons– a feat that has never been reached in program history. 

At this point 'bowl eligible' is frankly meaningless. Sorry, if they don't beat OU, finally, next week the season is a disappointment in MHO. Sorry,but when Bowden has it right in front of him I hope he gets it done. Can't let this slip away.!

I wanna see how OU plays Toledo. In MHO OU is still the 'best' team in the East until Akron beats them. It will take an extraordinary effort by the DEFENSE this week and against OU to win the division. As I did with the Miami stats(take a look) I will glean out the OU stats later. The 'stats' point to a Miami win tonite. HOPE I AM WRONG!

5 hours ago, Section210Zip said:

That board shows you how good we have it at Zipsnation. 

Those of us who are old-timers know that Hawktalk, along Aye Ziggy Zoomba were the first "Big Time" or fan-created boards in the MAC.  Those days are long-gone, like the days when Roethlisberger could throw a 70-yard hail-Mary on the final play to dig his team out of a hole.  1992?