Game 10—Zips @ Red Hawks

Captain Kangaroo

9 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

This would be the biggest failure for me.  

What if they HAVE prepared for this situation with Kato, and they DID put together a plan that they thought would work with him.  And they just ended up being completely wrong about what they thought he could do?

I suspect he had enough prep time and what we saw last night was him trying to do too much. We have seen what his dad is like. There is probably tremendous pressure on him to be an all-star.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Yes.  I said it before we even played last night.  And the outcome hasn't changed that situation.  

If you meant that to be funny, I don't know why that's amusing.  How many times since 1992 have we entered a game on Nov. 14th with the MAC title right in front of us, and needing help from nobody else to win it?

We've hoped for this moment for years.  Enjoy.   

Wow.  Lighten up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I suspect he had enough prep time and what we saw last night was him trying to do too much. We have seen what his dad is like. There is probably tremendous pressure on him to be an all-star.

In 1 post you root against a kid because of his dads post. 

In the next post you blame the dad for a kid trying to do too much because he needs to be an all star.

When does the overpaid adult on the sideline take any blame? Even if you are correct that he was doing too much, Bowden should have either yanked him or adjusted his offensive play calling to make him more effective and comfortable. Didn't happen, but go ahead and blame the kid and his dad. 

5 hours ago, K92 said:

They should have a plan B if the starter goes down

I agree, but I don't think plan B can be that drastic of a change from the original game plan, or else the entire offense has to know two distinctly different plans and practice both, and that's not practical.   Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skip-zip said:

This would be the biggest failure for me.  

What if they HAVE prepared for this situation with Kato, and they DID put together a plan that they thought would work with him.  And they just ended up being completely wrong about what they thought he could do?

Right. If he's been practicing with the team since summer he should have a handle by now on the speed of MAC players, reading passing progressions, etc. If not, it's on the coaches.

13 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Huh?  OU can't score tonight.  That's a very encouraging sight, considering what they've put on the board the last few weeks.  

I didn't watch the entire game. But,the last  time I looked in OU was up I think, 38-10 on the team many believed to be the best in the MAC. Surprising as hell.

10 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I think it is possible that Toledo is still the best in the MAC.

I said this in another thread, but I will repeat it here.  

MAC teams play great games and awful games during the course of a season.  I think that may be what we saw last night.  So, I think it could just as easily happen next Tuesday night as well.  We just have to hope that we''re the team playing great that night.    

Edited by skip-zip

" Our best back went down they both are from the same town !! Sands and Kato in the backfield ??‍♂️? , our WR need to stop watching the show and get open it's that simple I'm not a daddy ball dude I speak the real I trained my son he's past first I made him that way his head stays up he reads the defense and takes what's given his mechanics are the best in #CFB hell even some #NFL QBs our OC needs to open his mind and playbook this kid can do #ANYTHING WITH THAT ?Defense or Offense he's a Winner #GodsGotHisFeet? !!! We will soon see I'm sending #Help (.) he needs some WRs that wanna go to the next level ??‍♂️ but as far as QB give him protection he'll pick the #1 NFL team apart the #MAC is super slow fresh off a knee surgery I say we win more than the #MAC next year we build A defense Get some more skills to compete we Got ourselves some #Ring this ? ain't new to my son it's called ? it don't change we do .... and we did #Win if he starts next week and has all the time to get that #Chemistry so we can catch some damn balls ??‍♂️ 2 drop TDs and a missed FG #Mistakes that can be fixed so to me we didn't get the #Victory but we definitely #Won because now the world knows who's on the #Bench ?"

This is God-awful diarrhea of a delusional dad. Keep him away from his son, our team and the lockerroom. Parents screw up their kids more than any coach ever does. I am not a Bowden fan, but I hope Terry keeps this guy away from the team. We've got enough problems w/o helicopter parents making it worse.