Game 11—Bobcats @ Zips

K92

ABJ: Status of QB Thomas Woodson uncertain as Zips prepare for 8-2 Ohio

The key to helping Zips quarterbacks, especially Nelson if he plays again, is a strong running game, Bowden said. That wasn’t in evidence against Miami, who limited the Zips to 55 yards on the ground, although that number was skewed by the sacks.

Deltron Sands broke his fibula & is done for the year. 

3 minutes ago, feetg10 said:

This is the biggest game in our program's history. I hope we can get a decent crowd. I am going with 3 others. Been trying to convince a few more to come out. Let's go get a win. It's the MAC crazy stuff happens

:thumb:

Bring it on.  We need it. 

Maybe not the biggest game in our history (We won a MAC Title Game in 2005), but it's right up there.  Definitely the key win we need to get us to our 2nd MAC title game.  

The last time Akron football had a game this meaningful, I had no clue how special it was to witness Akron Blue and Gold at Ford Field. I'll be there on Tuesday, good weather or bad. It is time for the nation to stand together and unite. This Tuesday is everything. Do or Die!

0045778040766.png.925x925_q90.jpg

Edited by ZippyforPresident
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

Here's what happened a few years ago, the last time we faced a supposedly "far superior" and "unbeatable" MAC opponent at home in November.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=333332006

I remember that game well.  I was one of the few calling for a Zips win.  We played them pretty well the year before as well.  So we're not necessarily outmatched in this one either.  I personally would like to see Bowden and co. pull out all the stops in this one.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Balsy said:

I remember that game well.  I was one of the few calling for a Zips win.  We played them pretty well the year before as well.  So we're not necessarily outmatched in this one either.  I personally would like to see Bowden and co. pull out all the stops in this one.

Yes, agree. Time for something like the fake punt, if it's there.

• Like 1

I actually had a dream about this game last night. We opted to receive the kick off in the first quarter and came out with a super fast offensive tempo and Woody drove us down the field, quickly to give us an early lead. Dream ended after that.

I would like to see us take advantage of a 5th year QB and try something like that. He is capable of running a drive like that so let's keep the defense on the field and drive.

This should always be additional incentive for us to take advantage of a year where we can capture the attention of our newspaper on Exchange St., while the Suckeyes are out of the picture.  

I just got this in my e-mail (see image) from the Beacon Journal.   The message with this image states that they are compiling a Photo Gallery on their website of Ohio State fan pictures, and giving away free prizes for the best pictures.  

So, how about an Akron fan photo gallery?   Or, just including fan pictures from Akron and/or Kent, which happens to be the areas that cover their readership?  Or, just ask for local college football fan pictures?

Maybe we'd send a message if we all started sending them AKRON fan pictures to put in this gallery, but I'd bet they wouldn't get posted.  

beacon.jpg

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skip-zip said:

This should always be additional incentive for us to take advantage of a year where we can capture the attention of our newspaper on Exchange St., while the Suckeyes are out of the picture.  

I just got this in my e-mail (see image) from the Beacon Journal.   The message with this images states that they are compiling a Photo Gallery on their website of Ohio State fan pictures, and giving away free prizes for the best pictures.  

So, how about an Akron fan photo gallery?   Or, just including fan pictures from Akron and/or Kent, which happens to be the areas that cover their readership?

Maybe we'd send a message if we all started sending them AKRON fan pictures to put in this gallery, but I'd bet they wouldn't get posted.  

beacon.jpg

I got this in my email this morning and barfed a little bit into my mouth.

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

So what you guys are telling me is we should troll the ABJ with our "Team Ohio" photos? 

• Like 1