Game 11—Bobcats @ Zips

K92

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

I think for both us and them, it has a lot to do with competitiveness. While we do have a lackluster history in D-1 football, we now look at Kent as what *should* be an automatic win on the schedule and they look at Miami the same I'd imagine. We've also had some pretty epic match ups on the hardwood, and we both seem to have more of an online presence than Kent and Miami...so that makes it easier to get into it more I think. I get more enjoyment out of beating Ohio as well, because I know a lot of OU fans and they're obnoxious. "OU OH YEAH" is god dang annoying. It's something a person with the IQ of potato would constantly scream.

If you watched OU walking off the field to the tunnel after the game a number of them kept looking up at the scoreboard shaking their heads in disbelief. I was particularly amused when I saw their O-lineman #65 who threw the cheap shot chop block at the goal line which ended up costing them a TD(and 4 points) staring up in disbelief. Priceless.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LZIp said:

I get more enjoyment out of beating Ohio as well, because I know a lot of OU fans and they're obnoxious. "OU OH YEAH" is god dang annoying. It's something a person with the IQ of potato would constantly scream.

I have four seats at Infocision in the family zone. It's behind the visitors bench and usually has more opposing fans than Zips fans. Yes, OU has the most obnoxious, arrogant, delusional, ignorant and annoying fans I have ever seen. Even worse than Steelers fans.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, feetg10 said:

I have four seats at Infocision in the family zone. It's behind the visitors bench and usually has more opposing fans than Zips fans. Yes, OU has the most obnoxious, arrogant, delusional, ignorant and annoying fans I have ever seen. Even worse than Steelers fans.

Nothing delusional about our stack of Lombardi's!

2 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

If he graded out as at the top QB in the league for the Miami game, then we all must have been incredibly overcritical.  

That has to be the OU game.  

We must have been. 2 Buffalo players are on that list and their game is going on right now. The list came out yesterday.

10 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Nothing delusional about our stack of Lombardi's!

As a tortured Browns fan, who has been surrounded by Ass-hat steeler fans at games, act like you've been there before. (not saying all steeler fans are ass-hats mind you...;)) Like the guy who thought it necessary to scream "Another pittsburgh steelers FIRST DOWN..." while standing in the aisle dramatically doing the first down thing.  Every.  Single.  Time.  It was cute the FIRST time...in the third quarter when you're up 5076-0 it's time to grow up and stop.

I think that's the type of behavior he was referring to. ;)

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

As a tortured Browns fan, who has been surrounded by Ass-hat steeler fans at games, act like you've been there before. (not saying all steeler fans are ass-hats mind you...;)) Like the guy who thought it necessary to scream "Another pittsburgh steelers FIRST DOWN..." while standing in the aisle dramatically doing the first down thing.  Every.  Single.  Time.  It was cute the FIRST time...in the third quarter when you're up 5076-0 it's time to grow up and stop.

I think that's the type of behavior he was referring to. ;)

Aren't all Brown's fans tortured? I haven't witnessed the behavior you mention, but that would get old. However, having been at enough Zips games where it was near dead silent, it's hard to ask people to be quiet.

Side note: I learned from a Brown's fan that when Modell packed up shop and took the Brownies to Baltimore, the Rooney's reserved a chunk of tickets for Brown's fans so that they could still watch NFL football.

1 hour ago, zipsoutsider said:

Aren't all Brown's fans tortured? I haven't witnessed the behavior you mention, but that would get old. However, having been at enough Zips games where it was near dead silent, it's hard to ask people to be quiet.

Side note: I learned from a Brown's fan that when Modell packed up shop and took the Brownies to Baltimore, the Rooney's reserved a chunk of tickets for Brown's fans so that they could still watch NFL football.

IIRC, the Rooney's were the only owners who voted against the Browns leaving. I hate the Steelers, but have to respect the family.

Edited by LZIp

1 hour ago, zipsoutsider said:

You are correct.  The Rooneys, if I'm not mistaken, were also a huge advocate for the Expansion Browns being created.  Now an argument could be made by cynical conspiracy theorists it was partially because it would mean 2 wins for the Steelers every year with the joke that was the Expansion Draft for the browns in '99.  But everything I've seen from Rooney has seemed to indicate he genuinely enjoyed and treasured the Browns rivalry.

32 minutes ago, LZIp said:

IIRC, the Rooney's were the only owners who voted against the Browns leaving. I hate the Steelers, but have to respect the family.

Indeed, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Rooney's for that.  

And let's be honest here, I have a tremendous amount for the Steelers franchise, because they've done a great job.  I'm jealous of it.  But I've been exposed to so many not cool steelers fans at Browns games, that it's soured me a bit.  Like every time I've followed my team to another stadium, I have cheered for my team, but I haven't been an in your face jerk about it.  

On 11/16/2017 at 10:02 AM, Lee Adams said:

If you watched OU walking off the field to the tunnel after the game a number of them kept looking up at the scoreboard shaking their heads in disbelief. I was particularly amused when I saw their O-lineman #65 who threw the cheap shot chop block at the goal line which ended up costing them a TD(and 4 points) staring up in disbelief. Priceless.

What made it better was #65 is Lowery, a Tallmadge Ohio product....nice to see his "Homecoming" spoiled!  Sorry !  Also, if you saw earier, IO had a slight altercation on my way in to  parking deck with a Bobcatter....actually saw him AGAIN (with wifey in tow) grousing all the way to their car about how the refs cost them the game!!!!!!!  Went on and on and on about the call at the goal line that overturned their TD...blah blah blah.  I just smiled and resisted trying to give him his comupance.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

What made it better was #65 is Lowery, a Tallmadge Ohio product....nice to see his "Homecoming" spoiled!  Sorry !  Also, if you saw earier, IO had a slight altercation on my way in to  parking deck with a Bobcatter....actually saw him AGAIN (with wifey in tow) grousing all the way to their car about how the refs cost them the game!!!!!!!  Went on and on and on about the call at the goal line that overturned their TD...blah blah blah.  I just smiled and resisted trying to give him his comupance.

I'd be laughing hysterically if a fan of the team that was the beneficiary of a 167 to 19 margin in penalty yards was complaining that a bad call cost them the game.  

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

I'd be laughing hysterically if a fan of the team that was the beneficiary of a 167 to 19 margin in penalty yards was complaining that a bad call cost them the game.  

My thoughts exactly! You beat me to the punch on this one. With that said, the zips certainly need to clean up the penalties going forward.

• Like 1

It was great seeing redshirt FRESHMAN Kato Nelson thoroughly outplay Rourke. :rock:

Unless Rourke wanted to get a lot of experience holding a clipboard, it looks like he made the right choice in not coming to UA! :rock:

How great is it knowing we're not going to have to worry about the QB position for THREE years?!! :rock:

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Did anybody figure out Rourke's pre-snap hand signals? He would extend both arms and either give one finger, two fingers, or shake both hands. 

ou_001_2017-3.jpg

And as Blue and Gold just showed above...

this. :rock:  was what Rourke was doing!