Game 11—Bobcats @ Zips

K92

49 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Nathan Rourke at QB makes their whole team a lot better.  "Single most important position in all of sports."

Yep.  It wouldn't be the first time that a Star QB in the MAC carried a team to new heights.  

You guys have seen my posts for the last several days.  I really don't want to believe that any team in the MAC East has passed us by this much in the course of one season.  I guess I might get my answer tonight.  

Rourke had some ups and downs earlier in the season, but the last few weeks he has played undeniably better than we've seen from our QBs in a long time which is the biggest difference. He can run and pass.

Rest of our team is pretty classic "Frank Solich." We whooped Toledo on the lines.

Edited by Bubba4three

9 hours ago, JimmieJ48 said:

Hi. New student here. I haven't been to a football game before. I'm planning on going to the game after my evening class tomorrow. Can anyone tell me where a good place to park is. I'd like to be able to park over near the stadium so I can just hop on Rt 8 after the game. Also does anyone know if there is a specific gate for students. Thanks. 

Welcome to the board!

As several other members have mentioned:  You can park anywhere with your parking pass (as a student) and any gate will allow you entry into the stadium.  The best student section is right next to the band.

I don't know if anyone brought it up or not (I haven't seen it) but they had Bowden on ESPN Cleveland 850 WKNR last night.  His comments were as follows:

-Tommy Woodson broke a team rule, and it will be a game-day decision...because in college you don't need to tell the other team till gameday

-Bowden said the decision for Tuesday Night games was "above his pay grade" but he believes it's not good for the fans, good for national exposure and the players like it...but it's difficult to get the family and kids to watch a ballgame because it's a school night.

-Bowden Said the words: Tuesday Night Games are terrible for your local fans, and hurts ticket sales.

Those were really the things of note.

• Thanks 1

Not sure how The Post knows this info, from 8 pm last night?

Thomas Woodson, who was suspended for the Miami game last week, will make his return against Ohio. A senior, Woodson runs the Akron offense nearly single-handedly. 

OU received two votes in the coaches Top 25 poll this week. The poll reads like our schedule: 

Others Receiving Votes; Virginia Tech 94; Northwestern 67; Arizona 54; Boise State 40; South Carolina 33; Iowa 16; Kentucky 16; Army 14; San Diego State 11; Iowa State 9; Troy 5; Ohio 2.

24 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Not sure how The Post knows this info, from 8 pm last night?

Thomas Woodson, who was suspended for the Miami game last week, will make his return against Ohio. A senior, Woodson runs the Akron offense nearly single-handedly. 

OU received two votes in the coaches Top 25 poll this week. The poll reads like our schedule: 

Others Receiving Votes; Virginia Tech 94; Northwestern 67; Arizona 54; Boise State 40; South Carolina 33; Iowa 16; Kentucky 16; Army 14; San Diego State 11; Iowa State 9; Troy 5; Ohio 2.

I am guessing that is their assumption based on the way it was discussed on TV last week. I am taking it with a grain of salt.

15 minutes ago, CDMac said:

For anyone keeping score at home, I'm not making it to the game tonight so we'll be watching on ESPN2.

Root us on to a HUGE win and we'll catch y'all next Tuesday.

Well, I'd tell you to keep an eye out for me on the broadcast, but as crowded as the stands will be you'll probably not be able to find me....B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to head home a little early tonight so that I can watch the first half before my evening commitment.  Hope you guys take it to them right from the opening kickoff.  Go Zips.

P.S.  I'm still wearing my Zips pin!  

• Like 1