1. 1. Who will win?

• Zips
    • Bobcats by 9 or less
    • Bobcats by 10 or more
  2. 2. Who will have more passing yards?

• The Zips will have 30 yards or more passing than the Bobcats
    • The Bobcats will have 30 yards or more passing than the Zips
    • Both teams will be within 29 yards of each other
  3. 3. How many yards will A.J. Ouellette rush for?

This poll is closed to new votes

I do think objectively I have to believe OU will win. That team has certainly been playing well for at least a month. The big win over Toledo may have been a little flukey but that day OU was better. Don't think OU should have to pass much barring some unforeseen circumstance. And,they can divvy up the yards on the ground amongst 3 or 4 different people. One guy doesn't have to get 200 or 150 for them to be effective. Zips defense hasn't been effective against the run when opponents want to run. Don't see that changing.

Zips will have to hit some big plays on offense early so the defense isn't under constant pressure. Might mean Zips, no matter who QB's will have more passing yards than OU out of necessity. Obviously,the offense can't turn the ball over and have a string of '3 and outs' without scoring or at least staying on the field a while to give the D a blow. If Zips used a tight end as a receiver more often it might be effective. Even lining up with two backs in the backfield and throwing to them as a substitute for the run game might help. Those are things Bowden doesn't normally do however. 

Last train leaving for Detroit about 11PM on Tuesday 11-14-17. Be on it.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:55 AM, Dr Z said:

Discuss answers below. I realize these questions hinge on who will be under center for the Zips, so feel free to wait for that answer. 

The last two TFT™ polls will appear on Fridays since the games will be on Tuesdays. 

If you still have time to vote!

I've been disappointed a lot this year, and I am due to be surprised.  I think this might be the week.  I know, I'm crazy....I have nothing to go on here, but I have a feeling that Thomas will still be on the bench and Kato will be under center, or behind center.  I think with a week's prep work, and a game plan around the personnel we have and don't have available,  this is the week that I get surprised.  I'm thinking they outpass us yardage-wise based on more short passes for Kato and more option runs for the backfield.  I think Ouellette runs for over 100 but not over 120, because we might just get an early lead and force them to throw.....

I believe that we can win!

00208aa103b9f215e87ad0ba4e221746--printable-unicorn-pictures-unicorn-free-printables-birthday.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

OU is gonna get their yards against us. Here's hoping it's one of those fluky games where they outgain us, out possess us, and score less than us due to some turnovers.

So, pretty much a repeat of some of what we've seen already?

It's been a wild ride, but here we are on the doorstep of the MAC East title.  I don't want it to end tomorrow.  And I agree that we should probably expect some things that are unexpected once again. 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, Dr Z said:

Discuss answers below. I realize these questions hinge on who will be under center for the Zips, so feel free to wait for that answer. 

The last two TFT™ polls will appear on Fridays since the games will be on Tuesdays. 

It seems to me the kitties only really need to prepare for TW4 at QB; if it's KN1 they just need to focus on our meager run attack.

Edited by ZippyRulz

1. I will be as shocked as I was last week if Woods on is out, again. He gets the nod. If for some reason he does not, we are toast. If he is back, and the same chemistry with wide receivers is there that we saw against Buffalo, we can compete, but our D will be exhausted in the 4th.

2. We can compete if we get an early lead. The defense needs to come up with 1-2 picks for us to win. That will not be easy. Ohio probably does not need to throw a single pass to win, sadly.

3. My uncanny game plan: go high temp on offense and rotate players on D. With Sands out, let's stop pretending we can run.  It's not like the first string has been able to crap down anyone's run game, so keep them fresh enough to bend but not break in Q4.

4. Since its a home game, if Gassed misses 1 FG, go back to O'Leary as a kicker.

5. It's time to pull out all of the stops. People were upset when we went for it on 4th and ram a pass route. I thought it was a good call, it just did not work. Ultimately, it did not cost us the game or kill momentum. This week, the team has to play with guys and be willing to take risks, including trick plays and going for it on 4th.

All this being said, I do not a single game has happened as I anticipated, apart from PSU, ISU, Troy, and Toledo. This game probably will not either. 

2 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

All this being said, I do not a single game has happened as I anticipated, apart from PSU, ISU, Troy, and Toledo. This game probably will not either. 

Agreed.  Last year's Akron/OU game was full of completely unexpected events also.  

2 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Ohio probably does not need to throw a single pass to win, sadly.

I know.  It's probably true.  Gambling defensively to stop the run has to be part of the plan.  I don't see another way.  

3 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

It seems to me the kitties only really need to prepare for TW4 at QB; if it's KN1 they just need to focus on our meager run attack.

I think we're all just talking about the difficulty of preparing for a passing QB, and you end up having to defend a running QB.  Or vice versa.   If they guessed wrong, you can hope that this might leave them unprepared for some of what they might see tomorrow night.  

2 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

I think we're all just talking about the difficulty of preparing for a passing QB, and you end up having to defend a running QB.  Or vice versa.   If they guessed wrong, you can hope that this might leave them unprepared for some of what they might see tomorrow night.  

I think Tommy can handle whatever O.U throws at him if his receivers work hard to get open. I think they have improved and it could happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

As you know, I'm not a huge Tommy fan.  But it's usually always been about things that are outside of his playing ability.  And I believe that he absolutely gives us our best chance to win tomorrow. 

That being said, there has been no announcement and the only word we have is the AD saying he was still suspended, late last week. I felt like Deltron Sands was the last possible surprise weapon we might have left. I can't  say I am feeling too optomistic. Ohio is really strong this year and they know the Division title is on the line.

3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

That being said, there has been no announcement and the only word we have is the AD saying he was still suspended, late last week. I felt like Deltron Sands was the last possible surprise weapon we might have left. I can't  say I am feeling too optomistic. Ohio is really strong this year and they know the Division title is on the line.

Ohio is very strong this year and we aren't. I see little chance of us winning this game regardless of who our QB is. My whole feeling is that they are a better team. They have better talent and are better coached. i want us to win, but i don't see it happening. To me those of us who feel we are going to win are basing their prediction on emotion and not fact. Over time and over the course of a battle emotion rarely beats talent. Please prove me wrong Zips, altho I won't lose any sleep over this coaching staff being fired. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Ohio is very strong this year and we aren't. I see little chance of us winning this game regardless of who our QB is. My whole feeling is that they are a better team. They have better talent and are better coached. i want us to win, but i don't see it happening. To me those of us who feel we are going to win are basing their prediction on emotion and not fact. Over time and over the course of a battle emotion rarely beats talent. Please prove me wrong Zips, altho I won't lose any sleep over this coaching staff being fired. 

It's college football. You play the game for a reason. I can think of many examples this year where the box score just doesn't make sense. Go Zips!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

To me those of us who feel we are going to win are basing their prediction on emotion and not fact.

You're exactly right in my case...I know we don't stand a chance in Hades based on fact, but my emotion tells me this is the day!  I know I'm going to be disappointed, but it's the only way I can come to Info tonight without turning around in the parking garage and going back home...:zzz:

3 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

You're exactly right in my case...I know we don't stand a chance in Hades based on fact, but my emotion tells me this is the day!  I know I'm going to be disappointed, but it's the only way I can come to Info tonight without turning around in the parking garage and going back home...:zzz:

Sometimes things do not make sense but your emotions don't care. I went to our game with Toledo and later watched OU vs Toledo. I could not believe how much better OU was than Toledo, who I was in awe of. But they were. If both teams tonight play up to their potential, we get beat. I think Ohio has more quality than this board gives them. But you never know until the game is played so use those emotions to bring us a W.

• Dr Z unpinned and unlocked this topic

I'll give honorable mention to @feetg10 and @g-mann17 for voting that Ouellette would have under 75 yards rushing, and the Zips would win. While I thought the Zips would win, I thought there was little chance the Zips could contain Ouellette the way they did. Just a fantastic effort upfront even after they lost Camara. 

• Like 2