2017 College Cup

There will be a watch party for the selection show in the Tommy Evans Lounge at James A. Rhodes Arena with doors opening at 12:30 p.m. There will be free food for first 100 students, giveaways and prizes for fans in attendance.

Anyone going?

4 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

There will be a watch party for the selection show in the Tommy Evans Lounge at James A. Rhodes Arena with doors opening at 12:30 p.m. There will be free food for first 100 students, giveaways and prizes for fans in attendance.

Anyone going?

Not going, but I really dig that this is happening.

11 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

Anyone going?

Wish I could be there. Any opportunity to spend more time with our team is welcome, but I have a meeting at 1 pm which is mine and which I cannot move. 

11 hours ago, UAZipster0305 said:

Based on the weekend results, I think we get the #4 seed. There is no doubt that we are one of the top four teams in the country right now, and I think the committee will recognize and reward that.

I said this yesterday, that I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with the 4 seed. It all depends on where Indiana falls to. I don't know if I see the committee giving all 4 seeds to the ACC, so I think the best non-ACC school will snag that 4th seed. 

What time is the selection show?

1 hour ago, chris said:

I'm hoping the Zips receive a 6 or 7 seed (or higher) as 8 and 9 seeds 1) are in the 1 seed region and 2) would play each other in the 2nd round. 

Just now, lilroodude said:

I said this yesterday, that I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with the 4 seed. It all depends on where Indiana falls to. I don't know if I see the committee giving all 4 seeds to the ACC, so I think the best non-ACC school will snag that 4th seed. 

What time is the selection show?

selection show is 1 pm....you can watch on ncaa.com

1 minute ago, lilroodude said:

I will be bold....and subject myself to 2nd guessing....

I don't think that Indiana is going to fall anywhere...but up

Indiana has no losses

I think that Wake Forest is the obvious #1...even with a loss to Georgia State

I think that Indiana will be #2 seed...based on no losses

UNC will be #3 seed

Duke is #3 in RPI....but I think that they will not be a top 4 seed

Louisville has 2 losses...Duke has 4....I think that Louisville will be seeded higher than Duke

I still think that Stanford will be seeded much higher than their RPI due to being 2 time defending national champions...and plus they are the only west coast team in the mix

I think that Akron, Louisville and Stanford will be the 3 teams seeded 4,5 and 6....I just have no idea....in what order

Akron is 16-1-1 since the first weekend...I think that the seeding committee will put a heavy weight on that and Akron will be seeded higher than 7

I think that duke will drop to a 7 seed....maybe a 6....I do not see them as a top 4 team...their 2 best wins are over Georgetown and Wisconsin...akron's wins over Michigan State, Notre Dame and at Western Michigan...make them a better choice than Duke

17 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

Anyone have a link to the selection show broadcast on ncaa.com? I see the banner for the selection show on the men's soccer home page but don't see an actual link to the broadcast.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/soccer-men/2017-11-13/di-mens-soccer-2017-selection-show

Full bracket, copied from a post by xpowerout at bigsoccer:

(1) Wake Forest v. William & Mary*/Columbia
(16) VCU v. Butler*/Lipscomb
(9) Stanford v. Pacific*/Cal St. Fullerton
(8) Clemson v. Coastal Carolina*/Mercer
(5) Akron v. Washington*/Seattle
(12) Notre Dame v. Wisconsin*/UIC
(13) Michigan v. UMass*/Colgate
(4) Louisville v. Cal*/San Francisco

(3) UNC v. UNC Wilmington*/Presbyterian
(14) Georgetown v. SMU*/Central Arkansas
(11) Virginia v. Fordham*/St. Francis Brooklyn
(6) Duke v. FIU*/Nebraska-Omaha
(7) Michigan St. v. Virginia Tech*/Air Force
(10) Western Michigan v. Maryland*/Albany
(15) Dartmouth v. New Hampshire*/Fairfield
(2) Indiana v. Old Dominion*/NC State

1 minute ago, MarkS said:

So our first two opponents will likely be Washington and ND, teams the Zips have already played (and beaten). 

Is that good or bad??

Good.  We know that both are quality sides.  Both are capable of beating us.