Game 2—UT Martin Skyhawks

Let'sGoZips94

10 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I'd like to know if some of the people who are claiming that they are "OK with this" are the same people who have been b*tching about the Akron Fan Experience on here for years.  

When it was first mentioned, I thought it had to be either a mistake or a mechanical problem.   I've never heard of this before.  

My problem is the fanny experience. I swear the sit-bone indentations on the bleachers where I'm sitting are the ones I put there back in the OVC years '83-'88. I'll take Fenway-style scoring and stats if I can get more blue chairbacks! ;-)

35 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

My problem is the fanny experience. I swear the sit-bone indentations on the bleachers where I'm sitting are the ones I put there back in the OVC years '83-'88. I'll take Fenway-style scoring and stats if I can get more blue chairbacks! ;-)

You get what you pay for. At ~$4 a ticket it amazes me people complain about bleacher seats. To my knowledge there are upper reserved seats available if people want to pony up for them.

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Because the game is a lot slower - People aren't scoring every 15 seconds. 

Do you really want to know when a player goes from 13 to 17 total yards rushing?

I can't believe I need to explain this....

Your right. I don't need to know the stats by the minute. Posting them just about as often as they do for basketball would be fine with me. You just need to pay more attention to the side boards. Over time you will figure out when to look. 

5 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Why do you need to make the choice? Did't you watch good basketball for the past 13 years, and have some stats? 

It is simply bizarre, in 2017, to have a brand new hi-def scoreboard, 4 high-resolution sideboards, and you don't use them to tell the fans the game point, rebound and foul information. Was this equipment installed simply to have grainy footage of elderly people making out on the Kiss Cam?

Why does Steve French, during his broadcast, tell you how many points or fouls a player has? It's because fans want to know this information. 

If I'm at the game, and there are 5 different scoreboards in my immediate viewing area, it is bizarre that I need to check my phone to see how many points Daniel Utomi has scored. It happens no where else in the world but the JAR.

Because it is the coaches decision.  If he believes leaving the individual stats off the scoreboard makes his team better, why should we complain.   I watched great b ball the last 13 years and if KD decided to leave the stats off the scoreboard I would support his decision also.  A new coach brings new ideas.  I liked hearing Utomi indicate how he lost almost 10% body fat this past summer based on the coaches advice.   If this team continues to play well they could leave out the team stats as far as I am concerned.  Considering how late this team was brought together, I am just happy that we are winning.   Go Zips!! 

16 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

You get what you pay for. At ~$4 a ticket it amazes me people complain about bleacher seats. To my knowledge there are upper reserved seats available if people want to pony up for them.

:thumb: All good. Have had season tix in the lower and upper chairbacks in the past. Enjoy kicking back in the bleachers at $2 per sit bone per game (can't beat it). Looking forward to an arena someday where all seats are chairback; will pony back up then.

• 2 years later...