November Numbness

Stanford defeats Coastal Carolina 2-0 in front of a crowd that looked like a couple hundred!  Cardinal, in search of the triplicate must travel to Winston-Salem on Saturday and try to beat the #1 seed Wake Forest in a repeat of the 2016 national championship game.  This and Akron @ Louisville would make SOME College Cup, but it's a week away.

So!  Round 3 - the round of 16 - is now in the books, and we're now down to the Elite 8.  And we have a new November Numbness Leader!

SBZipfan had 4 correct picks with Wake Forrest, Stanford, Akron and Indiana.  ZipsVoice (that's me!) had 6 correct picks in Wake Forrest, Akron, Louisville, North Carolina, Michigan State and Indiana.  Zip_ME87 weighed in with 6 correct picks as well with Wake Forrest, Akron, Louisville, North Carolina, Michigan State and Indiana.  lilroodude was right 5 times, with Wake Forrest, Stanford, Akron, Louisville and Indiana.  fknbuflobo came in with 6 right - Wake Forrest, Akron, Louisville, North Carolina, Michigan State and Indiana.  Z.I.P. picked 7 of the 8 Elites, with Wake Forrest, Stanford, Akron, Louisville, North Carolina, Michigan State and Indiana.  and Zippyfan34 had 4 correct teams, Stanford, Akron, North Carolina and Indiana.  All correct picks were worth 3 points.

Here are you standings:

Leader - Z.I.P.   30 points + 21 new points = 51

2nd (tie) - fknbuflobo and Zip_ME87    31 points + 18 new points = 49 

4th - ZipsVoice    29 points + 18 new points = 47

5th - Zippyfan34    33 points + 12 new points = 45

6th - lilroodude    29 points + 15 new points = 44

7th - SBZipfan    25 points + 12 new points = 37 

WooHoo!  Quarter-finals this weekend! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

So!  Round 3 - the round of 16 - is now in the books, and we're now down to the Elite 8.  And we have a new November Numbness Leader!

SBZipfan had 4 correct picks with Wake Forrest, Stanford, Akron and Indiana.  ZipsVoice (that's me!) had 6 correct picks in Wake Forrest, Akron, Louisville, North Carolina, Michigan State and Indiana.  Zip_ME87 weighed in with 6 correct picks as well with Wake Forrest, Akron, Louisville, North Carolina, Michigan State and Indiana.  lilroodude was right 5 times, with Wake Forrest, Stanford, Akron, Louisville and Indiana.  fknbuflobo came in with 6 right - Wake Forrest, Akron, Louisville, North Carolina, Michigan State and Indiana.  Z.I.P. picked 7 of the 8 Elites, with Wake Forrest, Stanford, Akron, Louisville, North Carolina, Michigan State and Indiana.  and Zippyfan34 had 4 correct teams, Stanford, Akron, North Carolina and Indiana.  All correct picks were worth 3 points.

Here are you standings:

Leader - Z.I.P.   30 points + 21 new points = 51

2nd (tie) - fknbuflobo and Zip_ME87    31 points + 18 new points = 49 

4th - ZipsVoice    29 points + 18 new points = 47

5th - Zippyfan34    33 points + 12 new points = 45

6th - lilroodude    29 points + 15 new points = 44

7th - SBZipfan    25 points + 12 new points = 37 

WooHoo!  Quarter-finals this weekend! 

How did I not get Fordham??  Fordham didn't even get Fordham!  Vince Lombardi and the Seven Blocks of Granite.   :D

Well, I got four out of four finalists.  But I join fknbuflobo in hoping against at least one of my title game picks.  But the 1PM Friday (HST) semifinal is #MustSeeFutbol.  This is you going to be a great College Cup!  Wish I were able to be there in Philly.

Hola Senors and Senoritas - you know who you are!  Round 4 - the Quarter-finals - is history, and we're now down to College Cup 2017.  And here are the number to date:

Leader - Z.I.P.   30 points + 21 points + 16 new points with Stanford, Akron, NC and Indiana = 67!  And he's going to be tough to beat now.

2nd (tie - STILL!) - fknbuflobo and Zip_ME87    31 points + 18 points + 12  new points both with Akron NC and Indiana = 61 

4th - ZipsVoice    29 points + 18 points + 12 new points also with Akron, NC and Indiana = 59

5th - Zippyfan34    33 points + 12 points + 12 new points with  Stanford, Akron and Indiana = 57

6th - lilroodude  29 points + 15 points +12 new points with Stanford, Akron and Indiana = 56

7th - SBZipfan    25 points + 12 new points + 12 new points with Stanford, Akron and Indiana = 49 

Ring that Bell in Philadelphia, BOYS!

10 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Hola Senors and Senoritas - you know who you are!  Round 4 - the Quarter-finals - is history, and we're now down to College Cup 2017.  And here are the number to date:

Leader - Z.I.P.   30 points + 21 points + 16 new points with Stanford, Akron, NC and Indiana = 67!  And he's going to be tough to beat now.

2nd (tie - STILL!) - fknbuflobo and Zip_ME87    31 points + 18 points + 12  new points both with Akron NC and Indiana = 61 

4th - ZipsVoice    29 points + 18 points + 12 new points also with Akron, NC and Indiana = 59

5th - Zippyfan34    33 points + 12 points + 12 new points with  Stanford, Akron and Indiana = 57

6th - lilroodude  29 points + 15 points +12 new points with Stanford, Akron and Indiana = 56

7th - SBZipfan    25 points + 12 new points + 12 new points with Stanford, Akron and Indiana = 49 

Buflobo (Indiana), ZIP (Stanford), and I (AKRON) all have different champions. No ties for us in the end.

13 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Thanks for putting this together ZV but putting my auditor hat on :P, I had all 4 final 4 teams (I picked UNC) so I should be at 61.  With Akron winning it all against UNC, I think I still have a chance!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

Thanks for putting this together ZV but putting my auditor hat on :P, I had all 4 final 4 teams (I picked UNC) so I should be at 61.  With Akron winning it all against UNC, I think I still have a chance!

zippyfan34 is correct, and thanks for catching my error....so this puts the #34 into the rarefied air of being tied with the Giants, fknbuflobo and Zip_ME87 for second place!  Plus he has all four finalists correct.....

On 11/16/2017 at 11:28 AM, Z.I.P. said:

Okay, did I get in under the deadline?

Rd 1

Columbia (With or without Desmond Armstrong!!)

Butler

Pacific

Coastal Carolina

Washington /UDub

Wisconsin/UDub

UMass

Californicators

UNCW

Southern Methodist

Fordham

Florida Int'l

Air Force

Maryland

New Hampshire

N.C. State

Rd2

Wake Forest

Va Commonwealth

Stanford

Clemson

Akron

Wisconsin

Michigan

Louisville

North Carolina

Southern Methodist

Virginia

Duke

Michigan St.

Maryland

Dartmouth

Indiana

Rd 3

Wake Forest

Stanford

Akron

Louisville

North Carolina

Virginia

Michigan St.

Indiana

Quarterfinals/College Cup Participants

Stanford

Akron

North Carolina

Indiana

Semifinals

Stanford

Indiana

Threepeat National Champions

Stanford Cardinal

It's kinda confusing, since the first and second rounds both have 16...

I have commenced crying at my accuracy!  Sorry, Akron Zips!  ?

• Like 1

Final Results...

Z.I.P. is the Champion Prognosticator and has bragging rites and can wear the attached crown until next December, when a new Champion is selected.  He had 87 points

fknbuflobo and ME_87 tied (and now have to do the sister-kiss) with 67 points

lilroodude charged ahead into fourth place with 62 points

Zippyfan34 was next at 61 points

The soothing sounds of ZipsVoice came in next-to-last with 59 points

And thank God for SBZipfan for playing and finishing last with 49 points!  Thanks for the seven of us who enjoyed(?) the comraderie and competition!

crown.jpg

• Like 1

Last! My prediction of a West Coast breakout in the early rounds was woefully off ...

Z.I.P.'s bracket was amazing, and would have won the bigsoccer contest also, where a lot more soccer experts threw their hats in the ring ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SBZipfan said:

Last! My prediction of a West Coast breakout in the early rounds was woefully off ...

Z.I.P.'s bracket was amazing, and would have won the bigsoccer contest also, where a lot more soccer experts threw their hats in the ring ... 

I was thinking the same!  

12 hours ago, SBZipfan said:

Yeah yeah yeah....he's great.  But he still hasn't ponied up to fly me out to the basketball tournament!!!   :lol:

17 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Can you still ask for one of these things at the counter at Burger King?  It's been a few years.  Well....I think I saw drunk one time and asked for one.  :CK_brew:

Saw drunk?  Or was drunk?  

Never mind!

So what would have been ZIP's score under the BS.com scoring system, and by how many points would he have led those know-your-NCAA-Men'sSoccer wannabe's?

18 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Can you still ask for one of these things at the counter at Burger King?  It's been a few years.  Well....I think I saw drunk one time and asked for one.  :CK_brew:

The one by me recently closed, but while they were open, they had crowns out for the taking.

Edited by zipsrule