Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

zippy5

I'm not sure where the team goes from here; win the whole damn thing, crap the bed against KSU, or somewhere in between, but it's sure been a fun season to watch unfold.

The team has really impressed me with its perseverance.

They've endured yet fallen short on occasion; they've overcome and achieved; they've set their course to control their own destiny and the only thing left to do is to go fight to secure their goals and fulfill their dreams!

Let's Go ZIPS! - Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

46 minutes ago, CDMac said:

I'm not sure where the team goes from here; win the whole damn thing, crap the bed against KSU, or somewhere in between, but it's sure been a fun season to watch unfold.

The team has really impressed me with its perseverance.

They've endured yet fallen short on occasion; they've overcome and achieved; they've set their course to control their own destiny and the only thing left to do is to go fight to secure their goals and fulfill their dreams!

Let's Go ZIPS! - Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

This team reminds of the race horse, Seabiscuit. If you haven't seen the movie by the same name, it's a great watch.

• Like 1

Keep the QB a secret. OU didn't prepare for Kato, and admitted they were expecting a much slower QB. We won't be able to catch Can't as off guard, but it can certainly help. There might be an advantage to keeping it a secret; there is no advantage of the inverse I don't believe. 

Edited by lilroodude
  • Like 1

There's an old adage..."if you have two QBs then you have no QBs." I mean I really do think we have 2 QBs, but play the QB the team will best respond to/gives you the best chance to win. Messing around with rotations and what not just takes away from the effectiveness the best one can provide.

48 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

It's possible both may play, so naming a starter may prove to be inconsequential. I could understand a coaches thinking if he where to start the senior against his rival, but also give time to the freshman phenom. 

I would go along with that.  

Hopefully it does turn into a blowout, and we can get both of them some work.  That would seem to leave us better prepared for the two games that will follow.  

For reference, TB comments on this in his presser about the 17:06 mark.

His point was that if the suspension is 2 games (which it was) then that's the punishment. He's basically saying, IMHO, that they're doing 2 things:

1. Not tipping their hand to KSU about which QB will start/play

2. Trying to sort out which QB gives the team the best chance to win

He mentions the "guys in the locker room" suggesting that they will weigh in the consequences of their decision with regards to how it impacts the team dynamic. 

Edited by CDMac

25 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

I would go along with that.  

Hopefully it does turn into a blowout, and we can get both of them some work.  That would seem to leave us better prepared for the two games that will follow.  

play the best qb...nelson...kids impressive...clearly raw, but impressive...the TD to wolf from the far hash was phenomenal

22 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

If Woody doesn't start, what are the chances his heart will be in it as backup? I'm not optimistic about his production for the remainder..

I am not worried about that. He is a competitor and will make the most of it. When he blew it as. RS Freshman, he came back even better and came off the bench to earn the starting job.

1 minute ago, RowdyZip said:

Random thought after looking over a promo email that I received regarding the game:  why couldn't they run a promo BOGO tickets, or BOGO with a Shearer's chips proof of purchase. ANYTHING to get as many people in the stadium as possible for this game?

Or give away all the tickets they buy in order to boost Attendance.

2 hours ago, mivid12 said:

play the best qb...nelson...kids impressive...clearly raw, but impressive...the TD to wolf from the far hash was phenomenal

I wish you could look at 1 good play, and say that makes for an easy decision.  

I'll try to put myself into the heads of the coaches, who have made Tommy their #1 guy, and left Kato on the bench, for 2 seasons.  I'm sure they haven't changed their minds about what they think he can do.