Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

zippy5

6 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Woodson's suspension is over now. Do you go with your proven Senior QB or with the hot hand Nelson. It is Woodson's final home game. Decisions, decisions ....

This shouldn't even be a decision.  I take it soemwhere you saw or heard it was over?  There is no way in hell I'd let TW start, and even if it is Senior Night, if he comes and participates with his family - fine.  But Kato should start, and the players I think would back that.  I know nothing about how any of the players feel about this, or how they feel about Kato, but boy, that would take a lot of air out pof my sails to see TW as the starter vs. KSU.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Woodson's suspension is over now. Do you go with your proven Senior QB or with the hot hand Nelson. It is Woodson's final home game. Decisions, decisions ....

I mean either one should be able to win the game, but Nelson. Nelson has proved he can play and Woody blew it for himself. Tough luck but hopefully a life learning moment for him.

1 hour ago, Hilltopper said:

No Woodson. I posted elsewhere that after seeing Nelson in two full games that I wondered why Bowden stayed with Woodson for so long during the season when the offense consistently had trouble scoring. Bowden saw Nelson everyday in practice. He had to see that the physical abilities of Nelson are significantly better than those of Woodson. Nelson is a different type of player. His presence opens up other aspects of the offense that weren't effective with Woodson at QB. Nelson is surprising.

18 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Bowden saw Nelson everyday in practice. He had to see that the physical abilities of Nelson are significantly better than those of Woodson. Nelson is a different type of player. His presence opens up other aspects of the offense that weren't effective with Woodson at QB. Nelson is surprising.

Bowden made a comment during the presser last night (almost out of his way), to state that KN1 was a gamer. You can read into that, if you wanted to. Nice to have a decision between two QB's that have had success at the end of the season, rather than our situation at the end of last season. I have a feeling that whatever QB plays, is going to be without one of our leading receivers next week. 

I think we probably need to separate this between what WE think should happen....and what the COACHES will do.

Bowden has made it pretty clear for the last 2 years that Woodson is our best option.  Maybe he's right.  

As far as Kato is concerned, he now has had a bad game and a good game.  

So, I wonder if Terry is now satisfied that he has a game-ready backup, and goes back to his proven starter?

But for ME, I think I'd be happy if Kato goes against Kent.  If that falls apart, switch back to Woodson for the remainder of game, and the MAC title game and/or Bowl.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Barring Kato is injured, he is the starter going forward.  Had he been struggling, this might be a discussion worth having.  If you have 2 or three more games left in the season, you start him.  Even in the Bowl game, you almost need to play him for him to get experience for next year.  

This game scares me. Our rival with a MAC-C bid, and even possibly a bowl bid on the line, as I'm not ready to say we are guaranteed for anything with the current numbers presented in the bowl watch thread. Numerous cases of let downs after big wins this season in College Football. OSU vs Iowa, Toledo vs Ohio, and heck maybe even Ohio vs us come to mind right away. Last night was the time to celebrate but now its time to concentrate on Kent. They would love nothing more than to potentially ruin our season and take the Wagon Wheel back.

We better be ready to bring it. Get focused and kick ass!

It's 12:40..........

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2

I already saw that.  I guess it would have been nice if we could have wrapped up the MAC East Title on one of the "real" ESPN channels, in front of a true national viewing audience.

But, I'd imagine that ESPN never could have foreseen the implications of this game when they selected the games, and their channels.  

You guys are obviously getting this somewhere, but i have not seen anything. I checked the schedule for next Tuesday and the games we are competing with are BG/EMU and Miami/Ball St. I see no reason why we shouldn't get that ESPN2 slot (if there is one available).

The point and weather forecasts show typical November weather right now but meteorologists are talking about a major cold snap and lake effect snow outbreak next week. Timing and exact locations will probably start to come into the picture Friday. Keep your eyes open.

I like CBS Sports better, but fewer get that channel and virtually no coverage after a game, so I hope ESPN 2 picks it up.

I am expecting to be at Info for the game and anticipating a pretty epic night....which hopefully will get me amped for the long, late night drive home.

Like everyone else, we know this game stands on its own. Throw out the records and go to battle, men.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

I'd go with Kato, but give Woodson some snaps this week in practice. We may need him.

Edited by UA1987

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

You guys are obviously getting this somewhere, but i have not seen anything. I checked the schedule for next Tuesday and the games we are competing with are BG/EMU and Miami/Ball St. I see no reason why we shouldn't get that ESPN2 slot (if there is one available).

The schedule on our website says ESPNU/3 for next week.  

I hope it can change to ESPN2.   But, our 2 previous games showed ESPN2 for awhile, so I always thought these were set in stone.