Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

zippy5

6 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

IMHO, it's pretty difficult to make a real assessment based on one game. Woodson had a 72% completion rate at Buffalo.

Check out his completion % for the entire season in the MAC. I don't think its anywhere close to that number. Like I said. Bowden better not overthink this. If the offense had really been hitting before Woodson had his brain cramp that MIGHT be different. But it wasn't. No next year. Start Nelson and see what happens!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CDMac said:

Earlier this week I thought TB would start #4 given his comments in the presser about "if it's a 2 game suspension, that's the punishment" 

That's what is making me believe that he is leaning toward returning to his starter.  

The staff obviously already believes that Tommy is our best option.  If not, Kato wouldn't have spent the last 2 years on the bench.  

And I'm just stating this from what I'm seeing.   I'm not sure I would make the same decision.  

Edited by skip-zip

15 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

That's what is making me believe that he is leaning toward returning to his starter.  

The staff obviously already believes that Tommy is our best option.  If not, Kato wouldn't have spent the last 2 years on the bench.  

And I'm just stating this from what I'm seeing.   I'm not sure I would make the same decision.  

TB loves his verbal misdirection when discussing who will start and it is tough to separate his gamesmanship from what he is really thinking. I honestly feel pretty equally OK with either.

5 hours ago, Bruce Willis Drummond said:

There is an old cliche in sports that “you don’t lose your job to injury” yet many jobs are lost to injury when the replacement is an upgrade.  I’m not aware of any sports cliche that says “you don’t lose your job to suspension”.  Let’s hope Terry has his thinking cap on here.

I was thinking this earlier and never posted it.  Losing your job because of suspension is a totally different animal you would think.  Especially if the suspension was, idk, something that might come across as "me" and not giving a damn about your team or the position your team is in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zipsoutsider said:

Reasonable preview.

I like this summary of what the Zips are doing right:  "It’s converting more third down plays than anyone in the MAC, it’s not turning the ball over, and it’s able to come up with just enough late stops to survive."

15 point favorite surprises me a little

Odds Shark predicts a 31-13 Zips victory. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

I like this summary of what the Zips are doing right:  "It’s converting more third down plays than anyone in the MAC, it’s not turning the ball over, and it’s able to come up with just enough late stops to survive."

15 point favorite surprises me a little

Odds Shark predicts a 31-13 Zips victory. 

I tend to think the oddssmakers generally undervalued the MAC underdogs, but in reality, it would be awesome to see us up far enough to get some seniors who do not usually see the field in the game in the 4th.

Edited by zipsoutsider
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, CDMac said:

Earlier this week I thought TB would start #4 given his comments in the presser about "if it's a 2 game suspension, that's the punishment" but the more I think about it, the more I don't think they can go away from the hot hand at QB.

I think you have to say this just to be "pc" because what if you do start Kato and then something happens and you have to put woody in. The optics wouldn't look good without stating this ahead of time. 

I was at the JAR for Saturday night's game and present for TB's rousing halftime speech which I assume urged us all to get out in support of the Zips this Tuesday night.  Between TB's yelling and the awful sound system, I really have no idea what in the he!! he said, but he was animated enough that I assume it was intended to get us Zips fans all psyched up for the game and out to Infocision.   Go Zips.