Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

zippy5

On 11/21/2017 at 7:50 PM, Roo said:

I don't think I recall ever witnessing a turnover to touchdown in the waning seconds like that before. The players wanted to walk off the field before they were rushed to make a snap.

Just plain stupid.

That was unbelievable to watch.  Kent State may have edged out Kansas as the worst team in college football this year.  

On 11/22/2017 at 8:20 AM, Balsy said:

The Zips have an opportunity here.  Last night was a fun game, singing sweet caroline (I know it's not our tradition, but fans of all ages got into it), with the atmosphere AND a Zips win, it couldn't be sweeter.  

The opportunity is this:  You've probably got a little more buy in from some students.  You created a relatively fun atmosphere, something worth being at, and WON THE GAME.  They're offering $20 round trip (including bus ride and a T-Shirt and Pre-game party) for students to Detroit (brilliant!).  You've got lined up probably the best potential Recruiting class in the Bowden Era, and will likely be getting a second look from those borderline recruits we usually lose on signing day, to potentially flipping them in our favor.

THIS is the time, if ever, the Zips need to make a move to establish something.  After thanksgiving break, they need to make a HARD push on campus to make sure everyone knows the Zips are in the MAC Championship game.  They need to start planning viewing parties with local companies, w/e on campus for those who can't make the trip.  They need to make a hard push to students to get them to make the trip, $20 is VERY duable.  Hell, I'm willing to personally chip in $100 and buy students a free trip there myself!  Plan some hype for the Basketball team/Soccer Team on the Bus as well.  Captive audience and get them excited for everything ZIPS that we have going well for us right now.

We Zips faithful need to start making calls to local bars to ask them kindly to be playing the MAC Championship game in their establishments.

Most importantly though: Zips need to find a way to win the MAC C.  Get these younger Zips fans something to get excited about, especially the ones who make the dadgum trip; and carry that excitement over into next year.  People want to be a part of something winning, something fun.  Nothing beats this opportunity.

Find a way Terry.  Dadgummit, find a way Terry!

Cheers.  To the team.  And to this sort of fan engagement.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I saw this on Hustle Belt today. If that number is correct, that means NO ONE wants that job. They might be cutting funding for Football down to Ball St/ ULM levels......

Edited by lance99

22 minutes ago, lance99 said:

I saw this on Hustle Belt today. If that number is correct, that means NO ONE wants that job. They might be cutting funding for Football down to Ball St/ ULM levels......

I read on Football scoop that a couple of Dino Babers assistants are in the running. They are coachless in the prime of recruiting. They are going to be awful for a long time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I read on Football scoop that a couple of Dino Babers assistants are in the running. They are coachless in the prime of recruiting. They are going to be awful for a long time.

I was thinking the same thing. As of today, Akron Football is preparing for a bowl game and it appears our key recruits are Tweeting that they'll be early signees.

Kent hasn't played or practiced since we beat them a 3 weeks ago, and has no coach. Word on the street is Otterbein and Muskingum are poaching their recruits.

• Haha 1

Timely Hustlebelt article discussing the state of the program. Maybe they can take one for the team and we can add Marshall back in their place? I wouldn't mind us getting the pick of the litter of their players as well, assuming we'd be a popular choice based on proximity alone. I'm sure they have a few worth a scholly...

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2017/12/18/16787526/kent-state-university-football-division-one-midamerican-conference

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Link?

Who's recruiting these guys for them?

Tamatoa Neher and Shane Johnson within the past week per @MACProspectus on twitter. Both look to be from Snow College (JUCO) and have Kent as their only FBS offers according to their twitters and were offered prior to Haynes being fired.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

And the flashes get their guy! A Rob Ianello disciple at that :rock::rock:

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-syracuse-offensive-coordinator-sean-lewis-kent-state-head-coach/

Prior to his stint at Eastern Illinois, Lewis was a graduate assistant at Akron in 2011 and coached the tight ends at Nebraska-Omaha in 2010. He got his coaching start as the offensive coordinator for Richards High School in Illinois from 2007-09.

http://cuse.com/staff.aspx?staff=544