Game 12—Golden Flashes @ Zips

zippy5

46 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

He can even make something good sound so bad.  

Thanks for helping spread the good news of Akron's football season.  :wave:

Edited by skip-zip

I've been worried about this as well. After the TD he went to medical table and they checked him out. They put his shoulder pads back on and gave him his helmet back so i was hopeful. He tried stretching it out while sitting on the bench but eventually went back over to the table. They removed his shoulder pads and strapped him down with ice packs. I've been hoping it was just a bruise and nothing serious.  I was hoping someone would ask about this during the presser but i should know better. 

49 minutes ago, Section210Zip said:

I've been worried about this as well. After the TD he went to medical table and they checked him out. They put his shoulder pads back on and gave him his helmet back so i was hopeful. He tried stretching it out while sitting on the bench but eventually went back over to the table. They removed his shoulder pads and strapped him down with ice packs. I've been hoping it was just a bruise and nothing serious.  I was hoping someone would ask about this during the presser but i should know better. 

He has been our most consistent receiver and has received very little recognition.

14 hours ago, skip-zip said:

He can even make something good sound so bad.  

Thanks for helping spread the good news of Akron's football season.  :wave:

It's funny, because I know George reads these boards.  It's almost as if he's trying to poke the loyal fans on Zipsnation.  After reading his scribbles on OU, I won't even bother going forward.  I'd rather read HustleBelt.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

It's funny, because I know George reads these boards.  It's almost as if he's trying to poke the loyal fans on Zipsnation.  After reading his scribbles on OU, I won't even bother going forward.  I'd rather read HustleBelt.

That's the catch 22. We get crap articles from ABJ and it makes us not want to click on the stories. Then they justify it because no one clicks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

So the answer is click and close?  I can spare the 3 seconds, I guess.

This is where I am.  I definitely click the articles.  I usually post the links here too.

I guess I have to remind myself that the articles really aren't written for guys like me - guys who probably know more about the Zips than GT does.  They're written for people with little-to-no knowledge of the team.  Idk if that's an accurate statement, but that's what I tell myself to keep from getting too discouraged.  Hey, at least there are articles.  What infuriates me is when there are no articles at all.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

TB addressing the crowd at men's bball tomorrow: 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2080058118674922&id=145583715455715

That should be a no-brainer.  I would have had Terry, his players, and his staff doing a PR tour all over campus this week, whenever possible.

It's about more than just getting supporters to the game.  It's about MAKING PEOPLE WITNESS a big win in our history.  That's what will leave an impression on people to return.    

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

That should be a no-brainer.  I would have had Terry, his players, and his staff doing a PR tour all over campus this week, whenever possible.

It's about more than just getting supporters to the game.  It's about MAKING PEOPLE WITNESS a big win in our history.  That's what will leave an impression on people to return.    

So very true...seems like everytime we have THE BIG GAME and more of the casual fans come out (it does happen, really...okay occassionally) we lay the proverbially egg and that’s it for another year for that potential attendee....

23 hours ago, Dr Z said:

I'm concerned about Coney's status for the game after seeing him in an arm sling Tuesday night. 

He got hurt on the TD pass in the first half. He was able to celebrate with his team afterwards, so that's a good sign. 

Here is the video of that hit to his shoulder:

On 11/16/2017 at 8:02 PM, skip-zip said:

I wish you could look at 1 good play, and say that makes for an easy decision.  

I'll try to put myself into the heads of the coaches, who have made Tommy their #1 guy, and left Kato on the bench, for 2 seasons.  I'm sure they haven't changed their minds about what they think he can do.    

based on more than ONE PLAY....i assume u watched the entire game? 

• Like 1