• Kato Nelson
    • Justin Rankin
    • George Bollas
    • Dustin Crum
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, g-mann17 said:

it's hard to find a reason for Woodson to play 

They are honoring seniors, and he is a senior. I'm sure that fact will be considered. If it were me, I would play both. Wouldn't it be interesting to see Woodson, Nelson and Bollas all throw for 190 yards with a Zips blow out?

Prior to the home finale with Kent State, Akron will honor the 24 members of its Senior Class– RB Warren Ball, WR Fransohn Bickley, LS Michael Buddenberg, DL Ibrahima Camara, WR Tra'Von Chapman, WR A.J. Coney, OL Stephen Ericksen, OL LaVonne Gauthney, P/K Zach Gingerich, WR Kevin Gladney, LS Hayden Grover, S Zach Guiser, LB Andrew Hauser, CB Mikee Hayes, LB Tony Jones, DE Michael Kish, OL Jovann Letuli, OL Cedric McCoy, DE Deon'Tae Moore, RB Manny Morgan, OL Xavier Quigley, WR Austin Wolf, QB Thomas Woodson, and WR Anthony Young.

4 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

They are honoring seniors, and he is a senior. I'm sure that fact will be considered. If it were me, I would play both. Wouldn't it interesting to see Woodson, Nelson and Bollas all throw for 190 yards with a Zips blow out?

Prior to the home finale with Kent State, Akron will honor the 24 members of its Senior Class– RB Warren Ball, WR Fransohn Bickley, LS Michael Buddenberg, DL Ibrahima Camara, WR Tra'Von Chapman, WR A.J. Coney, OL Stephen Ericksen, OL LaVonne Gauthney, P/K Zach Gingerich, WR Kevin Gladney, LS Hayden Grover, S Zach Guiser, LB Andrew Hauser, CB Mikee Hayes, LB Tony Jones, DE Michael Kish, OL Jovann Letuli, OL Cedric McCoy, DE Deon'Tae Moore, RB Manny Morgan, OL Xavier Quigley, WR Austin Wolf, QB Thomas Woodson, and WR Anthony Young.

Good - that MTB isn't on that list. Means he's still planning on coming back next season.

Questionable - no Demarcus Lloyd. I actually haven't noticed him much at all lately. Is he hurt? Quit the team? He is still on the roster.

11 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

They are honoring seniors, and he is a senior. I'm sure that fact will be considered. If it were me, I would play both. Wouldn't it interesting to see Woodson, Nelson and Bollas all throw for 190 yards with a Zips blow out?

Man.  Who is going to catch the ball next year?  Kwad and........

Edit:  My votes....I went with the majority on all of these.  Though I could see the game being closer than 8 points simply due to the rivalry variable.  Kato's legs completely changed the dynamic of our offense vs. OU.  Huge difference maker.

Edited by RowdyZip

13 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Good - that MTB isn't on that list. Means he's still planning on coming back next season.

MTB will be back next year. He is excited about it, and has a great attitude. He is at every game cheering on his teammates. Check out the sideline huddles during timeouts, you will notice him. 

ou_001_2017-2.jpg

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

Edit:  My votes....I went with the majority on all of these.  Though I could see the game being closer than 8 points simply due to the rivalry variable.  Kato's legs completely changed the dynamic of our offense vs. OU.  Huge difference maker.

I think next year could actually be an improvement at WR, Dixon is maybe the best one, Stewart, Williams & Burkhart will be main ones, 

edit, obviously Kwad, i was just adding the ones we really haven’t seen

Edited by 94zipgrad

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

Depending on how this year ends, I probably will feel the loss of Chapman/Coney/Wolf as much as I feared the loss of Lane/Natson.  

Maybe we're discovering that finding WR's to come here may not be so challenging ??

26 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Add Dustin Burkhart, Daishawn Brimmage, Marquise Bridges, and Treon Sibley.

We’re gonna be young but stacked like pancakes with some great talent.

Yeah I shouldn't write off any of them either. For whatever reason I wasn't too excited about Burkhart when we recruited him (even though I believe he is pretty dang fast), but him getting as much PT as he is a true freshman probably validates the argument that we should include him in this discussion.

17 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

I think next year could actually be an improvement at WR, Dixon is maybe the best one, Stewart, Williams & Burkhart will be main ones

Interesting thoughts regarding Dixon, considering he is the only player mentioned that is currently on the team that I haven't seen get any PT.

Edited by LZIp

26 minutes ago, Section210Zip said:

The last time at Info it was a shut out. 

That's what I want.

No more last-second passes from Chapman to JoJo (2016)

or

Kent's 77-yard drive to beat us in the final minute (2014), right after Chisolm's 80-yard run that appeared to seal the game.  

Hopefully, again, the home game is the difference.  No drama this time.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

That's what I want.

No more last-second passes from Chapman to JoJo (2016)

or

Kent's 77-yard drive to beat us in the final minute (2014), right after Chisolm's 80-yard run that appeared to seal the game.  

Hopefully, again, the home game is the difference.  No drama this time.  

amen to that!!! 

23 hours ago, Section210Zip said:

amen to that!!! 

Think the Zips will win. But, when I look at some of the IN CONFERENCE stats I just get the uneasy feeling that this thing might be closer than we would like. KSOO is #10 in rush D at 222.1/game. Akron is at 213.0/game-#9. In total D KSOO has a significant edge #8 at 384.6/game. Akron #10 at 439.0/game- #10. KSOO is actually#1 in Pass D-162.4/game.

KSOO is#8 in Rush Off-139/game. Akron is #12(last) at 99.1/game. No RB's on either side in top #10. Passing Off. tips Akron's way. KSOO is #10 at 164.7/game. Akron at #5-239.4/game.

Caveat on that stat is all but 2 of Akron's games were with Woodson at QB. Might be different if Nelson had a few games under his belt.

Zips Red Zone Off. and Def. are significantly better. Akron is +8 in Turnover Margin(#1). KSOO is last at -7.

KSOO is #4 in Sacks By at 16. Akron is #9 at 10. KSOO is last in Sacks Against at 32(thats a lot). Akron is at #7 at 13.

What to make of it? Because Nelson we assume will be at QB again things should open up a little more for the ground game. KSOO has s decent secondary so it looks like teams are trying to run first. Looks like they can be pressured into sacks and TO's. Get on them early(like in 2005) and don't give them any hope of coming back. But,let a team like this hang around with turnovers or big plays....Thats why I think it will be a little too close for comfort.  Zips have to play like they want to be division champs.

2 hours ago, Lee Adams said:

Zips have to play like they want to be division champs.

If they can play like they did last week (save the penalties) they will be division champs! Can't wait for Tuesday!

Love the Full Roo uni's they'll be wearing ! 

EQ staff really does a great job!

1 hour ago, CDMac said:

If they can play like they did last week (save the penalties) they will be division champs! Can't wait for Tuesday!

Bowden mentioned the penalties and talked about how they were playing with reckless abandon. He seemed to imply that although penalties were not ideal, it was the emotional level of play that made the difference in the game. I would have to agree. I would love to know what the difference was this week in the level of emotion.

1 hour ago, CDMac said:

Agreed with the uniforms and the EQ staff. I always loved the "Fear the Roo" decal, too. Have we seen that this year?