Grant Street Dorm demolished

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Probably more high priced student apartments going in. No better way of fixing the student debt crisis sweeping this nation than charging $3000 a month for a 4 bedroom apartment to students making minimum wage.

I'ts a good thing there is a freedom of choice. Plenty of cheap housing available directly off campus.

Edited by LZIp

22 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I'ts a good thing there is a freedom of choice. Plenty of cheap housing available directly off campus.

It's the route I went. Unfortunately most 18, 19, 20 year old kids aren't the smartest when it comes to knowing how to manage money. Even worse with money they can "borrow".

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, zippy5 said:

The plasma center was on the corner of Brown and Exchange

Oh my bad, the Plasma Center is where the Apartments are now right?  And South Dorm is where the Town Houses mostly were?  I can't remember now...and that wasn't long ago...

Edited by Balsy

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, skip-zip said:

Or more famously......the location of THE TOWNHOUSE about 30+ years ago.  The most popular Exchange St. club at the time.  

Last time I was in the Townhouse I ran into Mike Birkbeck, probably about 1984. I don't suppose we could afford him to be the new baseball coach.

• 4 weeks later...