Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ZachTheZip

Grant Street Dorm demolished

Recommended Posts

Don't know if anybody saw, but they took a wrecking ball to the Grant Street dorm today. The townhouses are gone, too. Hard to imagine anything but another large dorm building going up in that space.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably more high priced student apartments going in. No better way of fixing the student debt crisis sweeping this nation than charging $3000 a month for a 4 bedroom apartment to students making minimum wage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Probably more high priced student apartments going in. No better way of fixing the student debt crisis sweeping this nation than charging $3000 a month for a 4 bedroom apartment to students making minimum wage.

I'ts a good thing there is a freedom of choice. Plenty of cheap housing available directly off campus.

Edited by LZIp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I'ts a good thing there is a freedom of choice. Plenty of cheap housing available directly off campus.

It's the route I went. Unfortunately most 18, 19, 20 year old kids aren't the smartest when it comes to knowing how to manage money. Even worse with money they can "borrow".

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zippy5 said:

The plasma center was on the corner of Brown and Exchange

 

Oh my bad, the Plasma Center is where the Apartments are now right?  And South Dorm is where the Town Houses mostly were?  I can't remember now...and that wasn't long ago...

Edited by Balsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zippy5 said:

The plasma center was on the corner of Brown and Exchange

 

Or more famously......the location of THE TOWNHOUSE about 30+ years ago.  The most popular Exchange St. club at the time.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, skip-zip said:

 

Or more famously......the location of THE TOWNHOUSE about 30+ years ago.  The most popular Exchange St. club at the time.  

Last time I was in the Townhouse I ran into Mike Birkbeck, probably about 1984. I don't suppose we could afford him to be the new baseball coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steve1982 said:

Last time I was in the Townhouse I ran into Mike Birkbeck, probably about 1984. I don't suppose we could afford him to be the new baseball coach.

 

He might be looking for a head coaching job.  He's been the pitching coach at Kent forever, if he still has that job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

 

He might be looking for a head coaching job.  He's been the pitching coach at Kent forever, if he still has that job.  

He was offered the KSU job. He just likes being a pitching coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

He was offered the KSU job. He just likes being a pitching coach

 

Thanks for the info.

 

But I still think an Akron alum like him should come back from the enemy.  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do too. I'd like to see a former Zip ace rebuild our program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×