Seattle University Redhawks

Travis clark of Top Drawer soccer.....predicts akron soccer after thanksgiving (someone very knowledgeable on this board....once said that soccer after thanksgiving denotes a good year!!)

Travis also predicts that Notre Dame and Duke will flame out in the round of 32

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/mens-di-tournament-second-round-preview_aid43438

Seattle (15-3-4) at Akron (16-3-1), 1 p.m.

Getting the best of Seattle is simple: stop Sergio Rivas. The junior scored and added an assist as SU got the better of local rivals Washington, winning 3-2 in overtime. Making the trek to Akron, Rivas and Alex Roldan are key to their hopes of an upset. While Akron will certainly enjoy the extra few days off, the Zips are still playing their fifth game in 12 days. Manuel Cordeiro’s presence in the middle is going to be critical in halting Roldan and Rivas, while Stuart Holthusen’s goal-scoring form gives Akron hope for a win on Sunday and beyond.

Prediction: Akron 3, Seattle 1

credit to the Beacon....for running this article in tomorrow's paper

I am not holding my breath...waiting for Elton alexander of the PD....to do an article on the best college sports team in the MAC

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/university-of-akron-soccer-rested-zips-ready-for-seattle-in-second-round-of-ncaa-tournament

10 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

The AK Rowdies better be in good form on Sunday.  They will be heckling one of the best goal keepers Hawai'i has ever produced!  @Josh_Adachi   YOU SUCK!!!! 

http://www.goseattleu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211119789   His mom is my Otolaryngologist.  :thumb:

I attended high school only 7 years.  What is an Otolaryngologist?  

5 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

I attended high school only 7 years.  What is an Otolaryngologist?  

Otorhinolaryngology is a surgical subspecialty within medicine that deals with conditions of the ear, nose, and throat and related structures of the head and neck.

• Thanks 1

Would you believe...! (Get Smart!)  I came on here, thinking I had misspelled the medical specialty of Dr Adachi, who works on my sinusitis and chronic bronchitis. Lo and behold, I actually got it the first time!   Here's to me!   :bow:   This is a specialty that is I suspect is much more in demand in the rust belt.  When I was a kid, I think 75% of the kids at East Liberty El suffered like I did! 

http://www.entnet.org/content/what-otolaryngologist

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TennZip said:

TV writer for the Beacon.....with a tweet about our very overlooked NCAA top 5 seed

zips athletic department....loves their mediocre Bowden team

My dad and I had a conversation about this last night. We said there should have been a minute-or-two-long highlight video of the soccer team, starting with the 2010 Championship, and a slogan like "The road to the 2nd Star starts tomorrow." Also were shocked Embick and the soccer team weren't there in attendance to give a speech like Bowden and the football team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Gee, nothing here!  Everyone must be at CubCadet.  Josh Adachi has played well in net for SU, but Sammy and Stewie made themselves known...again!  

I am still thhhhhhhhaaaaawwwwwing out.  Can just now feel my fingers!  It really wasn’t all that bad really.  Stopped on the way home for a couple adult beverages with fellow zippies who drove up from Dover amd coshocten.  I made em chose a designated driver.

• Haha 1