Wisconsin Badgers

6 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Those of us who sit in front of that press box, you wouldn't believe how loud that music is, or the PA announcements.  I understand that you need to hear that in other areas of the field, but it's almost unbearable.  My wife wants us to move our tickets next year.  She's always covering her ears.  It's a shame that choice seats have to endure that issue.  I don't know the solution, but we've already informed everyone who can do anything about it.   The problem might just be the location of those speakers.  If higher, that might be the solution.  

Move those speakers to other side of the field, or somewhere else?

3 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

All you gentlemen need to do is write the checks and I'm sure they will honor your requests. ;)

Should have been smart enough to have appropriately located those speakers when they renovated the stadium in 2010. However, it would be prudent and responsible of UA to at least tune it down a few decibels and not ruin the hearing of their donors/season ticket holders.

Edited by Zip_ME87

3 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Should have been smart enough to have appropriately located those speakers when they renovated the stadium in 2010. However, it would be prudent and responsible of UA to at least tune it down a few decibels and not ruin the hearing of their donors/season ticket holders.

There have been plenty of others who have made the appropriate people aware of the problem too.  Maybe they'll find an easy solution by next year.  

14 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

There have been plenty of others who have made the appropriate people aware of the problem too.  Maybe they'll find an easy solution by next year.  

I hope so.

I am definitely not turn down the music guy. 

I frequently attend concerts; I have for many decades.

But I cannot even hear the person right next to me shout during the soccer pre-game.

It is actually just as loud as a rock concert.

Seven years of this is quite enough.

For the past few years, I do not even go to my seat until the National Anthem.

Either turn it down or move the speakers!

Who are the appropriate people?

Perhaps they have not heard from enough season ticket holders with the same complaint.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:57 PM, fknbuflobo said:

I hope so.

I am definitely not turn down the music guy. 

I frequently attend concerts; I have for many decades.

But I cannot even hear the person right next to me shout during the soccer pre-game.

It is actually just as loud as a rock concert.

Seven years of this is quite enough.

For the past few years, I do not even go to my seat until the National Anthem.

Either turn it down or move the speakers!

Who are the appropriate people?

Perhaps they have not heard from enough season ticket holders with the same complaint.

Ideally, they would have more speakers, with each speaker at a lower volume.  They would be spread out such that no single speaker needs to be louder than any other, and at a reasonable level.  They have the same problem at InfoCision.  All the speakers are in the scoreboard - and no where else.  They should have speakers at both ends of the stadium.

3 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

They have the same problem at InfoCision.  All the speakers are in the scoreboard - and no where else.  

I actually think that would be a good location on the West side.  Don't know about the East side.  Instead, they are right on the sides of the press box, directly behind seated fans.  

On 11/27/2017 at 9:48 AM, fknbuflobo said:

I am continually amazed and disappointed at those who run the public address at Zips’ Soccer.  (Believe you me, I am toning down this message a lot).  I will forgive all other transgressions, but playing post match music OVER TOP of STUDENTS and PLAYERS chanting TOGETHER?!?  THAT I WILL NOT FORGIVE!!!  I love music played loudly. But what choice cuts are preferred over the organic (and brief) celebratory chanting?  Answer?  NONE.  NONE!!!   Nothing should be preferred over that tradition.

I will attribute this STUPIDITY to youthful inexperience and lack of situational awareness.  Should It ever be learned that such practice is an institutional decision, well, it will then be time for a personal visit to someone’s office.  

You, my friend, are in a unique position to comment on this.

You are correct on the "youthful inexperience" thingy...also the "lack of situational awareness".  No excuses, but in the past, the PA system was manned by a member of the A/V staff, but with budget-crunching it's now done by Sports Marketing GAs, who are also trying to do their marketing stuff.  Also, it used to be that the fight song was played after a goal.  Now, it seems the players...or staff...have asked for more upbeat stuff.  And there doesn't seem to be a Tradition or Historical vision taught or discussed before season begins.  Also, the athletes for the most part are picking the pre-match warm up music, and are always demanding it be LOUD.  They forget that there are actual patrons who pay to get in to see the match and it might bother them.  There is just such a turn-over, year after year, of the GAs and facility manager jobs that I don't think the students who take the jobs know the rich tradition and history of all our sports like us "old-timers" do, and no one bothers to teach them.  Heck, a lot of them got their undergrad degrees elsewhere, and this is their first or second year here.

The volume thingy, I think, will be taken care of, as time progresses and moneys are available.  Think back to 2009....shared pressbox with baseball and 1 little speaker pointing down the long low bleachers.  2010....new stands and a portable PA system on the roof, that was only just sufficient.  2012....new sound sytem, a little better, but not quite there yet.  2015 permanent mounted speakers, and more VOLUME.  2017....too much volume.  Things get tweaked eventually.  The Ocacek Nat sound system SUCKED until 2 seasons ago.  The Stile Field House system was terrible!  and now it's pretty decent.  The outdoor track system was the one used on the roof at Cub Cadet, and finally got changed last season to the old baseball system.  The softball system was the same portable one used for soccer and track until they got a new one in 2014.

• Thanks 1

On a thread entitled Wisconsin Badgers, we have now devoted more real estate to the PA system than to our epic victory over said Mustelids.

Shame on me. Shame on all of us.

• Overall, I am grateful for a stadium about which I can complain.  For decades we had next to nothing.
  • If necessary, someone please start a thread about the PA system at FES CCF.  I will happily take my bitch there.

Go Zips!

edit:  Playing music while students are chanting is much more grievous offense that playing music loudly.

Edited by fknbuflobo
  • Thanks 1