MAC Championship—Rockets vs Zips @ Ford Field

LZIp

11 hours ago, AyYo said:

If you're looking for ONLY the ticket, this link is working for me. I didn't try the other links for additional options.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/zips/EN/buy/details/17MACFB

EDIT: If you go to this link, there are links for all the different packages. Don't know if these are the same links you tried but maybe these may help.

http://gozips.com/sports/2017/5/25/tickets-index.aspx

I went to the Info. ticket office bright and early Wednesday AM. Nobody else there. That was AFTER  I got on the GOZIPS site to try to buy tix. The seat mapped was blocked. What they are apparently doing according to the guy in the office is taking your money but not being able to tell you where you will be sitting much less give you a ticket. He claimed they would not actually get there allotment until after the Friday MAC games. He said that if Toledo won they would be the 'home' team and Akron the visitors. He said if NIU came out of the west Akron would be the 'home' team. He said that would determine which side of Ford Field each teams fans would get access to tix through the schools. He also said the ticket office would not be open on Saturday or Sunday. So Monday would be the earliest you could know where you are being seated or to buy tix if you hadn't already given your money. Not sure what diff. the home or away designation makes if you are on the road anyway.

I finally went to the Ford Field website. There were some seats already opened up in the lower levels on each side of the field in the same sections that will be released to the two schools.

I was able to pick the seats I wanted(aisle). Bought two on each side and will sell the two I don't need on the website.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

What they are apparently doing according to the guy in the office is taking your money but not being able to tell you where you will be sitting much less give you a ticket. He claimed they would not actually get there allotment until after the Friday MAC games. He said that if Toledo won they would be the 'home' team and Akron the visitors. He said if NIU came out of the west Akron would be the 'home' team. He said that would determine which side of Ford Field each teams fans would get access to tix through the schools.

Lee, If you've never dealt with it before, this is the process we have to go through during the MAC Tournament in Cleveland for basketball every year.  The seats are sorted among the purchasers, based on Z-Fund donation points.  The "home" and "away" designation would determine the side where the benches of each team will be located, and the seating for the school's allotment will be somewhere behind that bench.

My guess is that there is a designated side for "home team", which will probably be on the main press box side, and use the Detroit Lions locker room, etc.  

From what you describe, buying 2 seats on each side in the same area where they say that the school's allotments will be located will ensure that one of those pairs of seats will be near other Akron fans.  You may have ended up being in the rows closer to the field with the school's allotment.  But, that might have been the only advantage to waiting until Monday to go through the sorting process within Akron's block of seats. 

Edited by skip-zip
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Lee, If you've never dealt with it before, this is the process we have to go through during the MAC Tournament in Cleveland for basketball every year.  The seats are sorted among the purchasers, based on Z-Fund donation points.  The "home" and "away" designation would determine the side where the benches of each team will be located, and the seating for the school's allotment will be somewhere behind that bench.

My guess is that there is a designated side for "home team", which will probably be on the main press box side, and use the Detroit Lions locker room, etc.  

From what you describe, buying 2 seats on each side in the same area where they say that the school's allotments will be located will ensure that one of those pairs of seats will be near other Akron fans.  You may have ended up being in the rows closer to the field with the school's allotment.  But, that might have been the only advantage to waiting until Monday to go through the sorting process within Akron's block of seats. 

Never did the B.ball Tourney. Just remember in 2005 I went to the ticket office and they already had the tix. I was able to pick out the specific row and seats I wanted. Actually got 2 seats on Row 15,Aisle by going to the Flash Seats website. I can sell them back if I want or can there also. Yes,if Toledo wins they are 'home' team.

1 hour ago, Lee Adams said:

Never did the B.ball Tourney. Just remember in 2005 I went to the ticket office and they already had the tix. I was able to pick out the specific row and seats I wanted. Actually got 2 seats on Row 15,Aisle by going to the Flash Seats website. I can sell them back if I want or can there also. Yes,if Toledo wins they are 'home' team.

Don't expect the ticket allocation to make sense.  They have a point formula that's harder to figure out than the theory of Pi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zipsrule said:

We could be outright MAC East champs (as opposed to winning a tie-breaker with OU).  At the half, Buffalo 24 and Ohio 10.

And it happened, Zips win the East outright. Damn shame too as the Kittens were sooo much better. Just ask them ??

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 1:00 PM, CDMac said:

Got our tickets for the game this morning and booked hotel this afternoon.

See y'all in Detroit!

Oh and, I was successful in getting my hands on the FULL ROO helmet after the game.

I had to return it to its rightful owner of course but I nonetheless got a pic of me in that sucker!

FullRoo2.jpg

EDIT: Hey, I'm 46 but I'm still a kid at heart!